Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:08 PM

Because gas prices are dropping CMP should drop ammo prices? I am not following this logic.
And prices with the CMP, and with any other retailer are plainly marked, just like gas, so whay does CMP have a responsibility to tell us other ammo is available elsewhere, and on the CMP site, cheaper.
Do gas stations have a duty to tell you "$2.10, but 3 blocks up and 2 blocks over, make a U-turn and they sell it for $2.09.

No one like price increases, and I am sure CMP would like to use the same prices year after year, but it has been, and remains a buyers market. They sell it, some of us buy it, and some buy elsewhere. It's all just fine.

JH
Old 01-08-2015, 08:44 PM

I am glad someone in another thread made me aware that garand ammo is cheaper elsewhere. I thought CMP was the best deal around until then.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:51 PM

It sure used to be, at least for surplus ammo. PPU has been very aggressive in all calibers lately, and so far the reputation is pretty good.
However, CMP has been pretty consistent on the availability and service.

Well, none of us expected prices on CMP ammo to start dropping (well, most of us)
JH
Old 01-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Come on CMP. We have to jump through hoops to buy from you. Cut us a deal on ammo please!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:09 PM

Jump through hoops? Easier than buying from Sams Club......
JH
Old 01-08-2015, 10:12 PM

Hey Zvenoman. That is funny. I only put effort into joining CMP. I am thankful that I bought HXP before now.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:29 PM

Hey when is someome going to agree with me? Lower the price on HXP 30.o6 please.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:39 PM

Just in case you didn't see this. I bolded what in my opinion is the key statement, and a key contributor to the increase..

ANNISTON, AL – The Civilian Marksmanship Program is re-emphasizing to its customers that ammunition sales are a key component of the CMP’s mission ”to promote firearm safety and marksmanship, with an emphasis on youth”.

Supplies of CMP ammunition are not intended for commercial resale, but to be used by its constituents who participate in marksmanship activities. Income derived from the sale of ammunition to its marksmanship participants directly supports the CMP’s various programs and activities which include youth marksmanship camps, clinics and competitions to name a few.

http://thecmp.org/members-are-remind...-sales-limits/
Old 01-08-2015, 10:45 PM

AFJon, I agree with their policy. I just want some ammo to stock up on for my my kids to shoot when they are mature enough to do so.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Freeman View Post
AFJon, I agree with their policy. I just want some ammo to stock up on for my my kids to shoot when they are mature enough to do so.
The ammo you buy will ensure there is a program for your kids to shoot in when there older. So you can buy ppu and make some online retailers pocket fatter or you can buy hxp and ensure the shooting sports continue.
Closed Thread