Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:48 PM

I have been ordering from the DCM/CMP since 1996 and never had an issue with my club affiliation going out of date. U.S. Army and life member in the VFW.

Iraq/Afghanistan 03-04
Iraq JAN-NOV 2011
Old 07-03-2015, 07:06 PM

I always scan a copy of my GCA card upon renewal and fax it to the CMP with a "please update status" on the top; always get a confirmation of CMP as "updated, thanks!"...

Another step, but a simple one that could save some grief...
Old 07-03-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbors View Post
I always scan a copy of my GCA card upon renewal and fax it to the CMP with a "please update status" on the top; always get a confirmation of CMP as "updated, thanks!"...

^This and never had an issue.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbors View Post

That is exactly my point. That is what I did. I received confirmation. Two months ago, two weeks before my annual renewal date for my state association. Didn't matter. They screwed it up. Probably blame "the computer" Any way you cut it, I missed out on a limited item & HAVE ALREADY seen the same crap on ebay for twice the price. Oh, I have NEVER sold a damn thing I've bought from CMP/DCM over the last 25+years.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:23 PM

Maybe CMP can put a "CMP Club Affiliation Valid - Invalid" in your user profile so you can keep up with it.
They already have to plug it in somewhere and enter an experation date.
I myself have never had a problem on my end unless I forget to renew.
G
Old 07-03-2015, 10:45 PM

Obviously they screwed up. Something I ALWAYS do whenever I update my purchasing documentation is to send it in along with an order for something; maybe a rifle or maybe just a small part. That way when the order arrives I know with 100% certainty that my new documents are in the system and valid.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm14thbn View Post
I have been ordering from the DCM/CMP since 1996 and never had an issue with my club affiliation going out of date. U.S. Army and life member in the VFW.
It would make sense that you have not a problem since you would never have to send an update, since you have a life time association, and you wouldn't fall in the same category as the OP and sending a yearly update and receiving confirmation that they received it.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:01 AM

I've supported the CMP quite a bit and the system failed me as well. My suggestion would be to get rid of the GCA update option as it doesn't work. I don't order much but I was frustrated when my order was denied because I followed THEIR protocol on updating my affiliation. Then they were closed the next day so updating was impossible. End of the world, no.....irritating.....yes.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTkeld View Post
I've supported the CMP quite a bit and the system failed me as well. My suggestion would be to get rid of the GCA update option as it doesn't work. I don't order much but I was frustrated when my order was denied because I followed THEIR protocol on updating my affiliation. Then they were closed the next day so updating was impossible. End of the world, no.....irritating.....yes.
This. And no, this is not whining. This is feedback being left in the feedback forum.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:31 PM

I am in the same boat as everyone else. They always seem to release stuff right around the time my GCA membership expires and this has happened every time. It takes a solid month and then my account will be updated. I am taking everyone's advice and faxing/emailing my card from now on when I renew. I believe the CMP are a busy bunch of individuals but I think the system could be improved.
Closed Thread