Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 10:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ljagdtiger
Default Missed cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm14thbn View Post
i have been ordering from the dcm/cmp since 1996 and never had an issue with my club affiliation going out of date. U.s. Army and life member in the vfw.
simple thing to so. Those who are life members dav, american legion, amvets, vfw etc. Send in a copy of your life membership. Never have to update again.
I did and i can guarantee it works. One of the few perks of being a military veteran..
Larry n.c indiana
Old 07-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slafleur View Post
Well, you know what's funny? That is exactly what I did. They emailed me back confirming. I made sure "that the things I want to do" were done. Didn't matter. The estore STILL showed I couldn't order due to expired membership.

Got an email this morning from CMP, said they checked, and my info was up to date, try again. Sure enough, I am now able to order on line! Of course, the item I wanted is sold out.

So much for being "responsible." Oh, and my dog is trained, unlike many folks running around these days.
After receiving confirmation from the CMP, did you login to the estore to confirm that it was up-to-date and that you could in fact place an order? This is the final step you must do to ensure that everything was done properly. Waiting until you want to place an order on a limited item is not the time to do this final confirmation step and may result in an inopportune delay.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce View Post
After receiving confirmation from the CMP, did you login to the estore to confirm that it was up-to-date and that you could in fact place an order? This is the final step you must do to ensure that everything was done properly. Waiting until you want to place an order on a limited item is not the time to do this final confirmation step and may result in an inopportune delay.
I did that - but that was back in March when I received confirmation.

This morning I receive an email from CMP that my info was up to date all along, and now I'm able to place orders. Too late for 1911 USGI mags though.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:33 PM

As a follow up, I have spoken to CMP this morning, it seems my information was up to date in the system all along. The theory is that the heavy interest in the limited items last Thursday had the system overloaded, and that somehow caused the problem. This will just have to be a part of the challenge when lots of customers are all interested in the same thing at the same time - of course CMP should be charging more in those case!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:49 PM

It finally worked for me
Old 07-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Further update - it turns out that there was indeed an error and my updated membership info which was sent several months ago just got entered this morning. I was able to get some 1911 mags though, thanks to some assistance from the sales folks who "waitlisted" me after figuring out what went wrong.

I'm satisfied, of course that I got what I set out for, but also that CMP, while being imperfect like all us regular shooter/collector folks, is customer oriented and has figured out what went wrong and is looking in to how to improve the process!

Thanks for all the assistance CMP and forum regulars!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:08 PM

I got my email this morning that my info was updated again, but had to work late. Just now logged into the Estore and got mine too!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slafleur View Post
I'm satisfied, of course that I got what I set out for, but also that CMP, while being imperfect like all us regular shooter/collector folks, is customer oriented and has figured out what went wrong and is looking in to how to improve the process!
That's the main thing that separates the CMP: personally, their customer service is top notch! We all have bad days, and put yourself in their position and wonder what it would be like dealing with a bunch of grown kids all day long, LOL!

...I will -never- be a greater at Wal-Mart, LOL!

Glad you got your mags, and had the patience to stick it out. It's frustrating, and nerve-racking at times, but part of the "fun"...

Chris
Old 07-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Glad to hear about the good ending to this situation.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:38 PM

While CMP is a pretty big operation, it is still small compared to many of the businesses we deal with on a daily basis - and it shows in their attitude toward customers. I remember thirty years ago when Walmart was a regional company, and it was very customer focused, and its employees were loyal, competent and shareholders (and many got rather wealthy as shareholders) - that has changed at Walmart. CMP still feels that way.
Closed Thread