Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 05:27 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Yaaa, send it back again
What do you expect if dont give them a chance to fix the problem??
Everyone makes mistakes, SEND IT BACK and let CMP make it right or keep it to yourself
you don't understand my statement...I bought the rifle from cmp, it has a binding/bent op rod...I sent it back...they "repaired" it and sent it back to me....it has EXACTLY the same problem. It is as if the rifle just made a trip and came back...no different, still binds. They HAD a chance to fix it and didn't.
so you think i should just keep that to myself? what if it was your $865 ?
you willing to buy this rifle off me? then i will keep it to myself.
I FULLY understand that people make mistakes, I am fine with that, but if you have a problem, YOU would expect that it would be fixed. For the $ I paid, i don't think that I am asking for much here.

Last edited by nickg; 11-20-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:42 PM

I understand completely what you are saying.
What will make you feel better, complaining here about sending arifle back for repair and you still arent pleased or send it back and get things taken care of??
Have you even called and talked to the armorer who worked on your rifle??
Complaining to whoever here will listen will get you no where. Calling customer support will
Seems pretty black ad white to me but its your rifle

Last edited by Orlando; 11-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:57 PM

well, I DID call CS and leave a message, I emailed CS...no reply. I called again, and got thru. they sent a call tag and took the rifle back..I put a note in the case about the problem and asked for it to be fixed or replaced...then nothing. a week later no response, no calls nothing. It then shows up at my FFL unexpectedly and this was the result.
No one called or replied to my original messages, it was up to me to get them on the phone after no response in several days. I got no call (and i asked on the note i sent) about the issue, instead, they just "repaired it" and sent it back with NO notice or response to me whatsoever. I spoke to Orest about them sening it back to the WRONG address(as it "should" have cost ANOTHER nics charge herte in NJ) Luckily, the FFL realized the mistake and did NOT charge me(legally correct here in nj as returning a firearm for repair does not require ffl interaction)
I don't understand what gives, because i have 2 other garands that were perfect deals with not even a hint of problems. This WRA just gives me a sour taste
Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM

Nick, if you are sure that it is the OPROD, why don't you just send the OPROD back? Shouldn't cost a transfer fee. If your other OPRODs work fine...sounds like you just need a replacement.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 PM

Would be happy to help you fix it. "Bent oprod" is not much to go on, however. Since they are bent on purpose.

Is this a new production stock? Are you doing the tilt test outside of the butt stock or locked up in the stock? Can you visually see where the oprod may be rubbing?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by col b View Post
Nick, if you are sure that it is the OPROD, why don't you just send the OPROD back? Shouldn't cost a transfer fee. If your other OPRODs work fine...sounds like you just need a replacement.
the bolt is really loose as well...i am concerned about headspace. when i do the "tilt test" it bids heavily ..the bolt is very loose, but binds in the rearmost travel (even without the op rod) and is extremely loose when all the way forward compared to either my hra or sa service grades. with both problems, I am not sure that the gun is safe.
even when i swap the op rod to one of the others i have (from the 2 other sg cmp rifles) the bolt just doesn't seem "right"..as compared to the others
not being an armorer, i just don't know, and I don't feel swapping parts is the prudent action hence it got sent back the first time.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:59 PM

Send it back for replacement or a refund, problem solved
Old 11-20-2010, 08:51 PM

Why was it sent to your FFL?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:07 PM

Visual the receiver slots for the bolt lugs. Rough metal will bind the bolt. Had a carbine with it. Had to exchange it. Had to talk the armorer through the problem, too. Nobody's perfect but the CMP *will* make it right. Get another free shipping label and send it back. Again. Good luck!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwct View Post
Why was it sent to your FFL?
He live's i believ in NJ where there restrictive gun laws rival some commie countries