X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DougS
    • Oct 2009

M1A Match $200 Certificate

OK, my son received via Fed-Ex a $200 Voucher from participating in the M1A Match last month. But he received only the certificate, and no explanation on how or where to redeem it. You would think that would be included, or a letter sent prior to the certificate apprising him of its pending delivery and how to redeem.
  • Twinson
    • Oct 2009

Just give SA a call, they sponsored the match.

Comment

• DougS
      • Oct 2009

The Certificate was mailed by the CMP

Comment

• GM1MAN
        • Oct 2014

Most likely a voucher redeemable through SAI for their merchandise. You just need to give them a call to make sure. Their customer service folks are pretty good.

HTH.

Comment

• Ham_Chu
          • Jan 2013

You need to call Mike Doy at Springfield. Call the SA main phone line, and type his name in using your keypad at the employee directory prompt. He will request that you send the certificate back in, with your address so that they can mail you the check. (or maybe you could just mail it in care of the main SA address, ATTN: Mike Doy)

I just mailed mine in yesterday. Apparently, SA thought CMP was adding some letter that gave these instructions, but CMP just sent out the certificates.

I guess that SA doesn't have the CMP competitor database, and this was the compromise. I like it better than filling out a W-9 with my SSN and handing it over to SA, thru NRA, just IN CASE I happen to win something, as in years past.

Comment

• Kerz
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Ham_Chu View Post
            ... I like it better than filling out a W-9 with my SSN and handing it over to SA, thru NRA, just IN CASE I happen to win something, as in years past.
            Good point!
            Vic
            Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck … NRA Benefactor Member … KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Comment

• lite-box
              • Oct 2009

Thanks .

Got one of the certificates and was like WTH is this ? Glad I didn't toss it.

Must have had a drawing as I didn't shoot all that great ( middle of the pack ) to justify winning anything.

Comment

• Ham_Chu
                • Jan 2013

At the end of the match, they mentioned (over the tower loudspeaker) that there was to be a drawing for an XD pistol, at the BBQ they held an hour after the official end of the match/ (somewhere over by the Post Chapel, I think)

We just left, figuring the odds of being the one in however many shooters were there. No mention of the other drawings that they USED to do during the course of the match. Last year, at random times, you'd hear: "COMPETITOR NUMBER 12345678, you've just won an M1A rifle (or whatever), report to the tower following the match for instructions on how to claim your prize."

None of that this year, so we figured NRA sponsored those prizes, and now that they were gone, these days were over.

I guess they held all the drawings at the free BBQ dinner.

Comment

• Kerz
                  • Jan 2016

A Lewis Class System was used for the awards for the 2017 Springfield M1A Match.
                  http://thecmp.org/william-keil-winne...at-camp-perry/
                  Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck … NRA Benefactor Member … KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Comment

Working...
                  X