Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Do you have a source for this?
I have seen them for sale in the past (CMP stores and online). I purchased a LN drill rifle a few months ago (but my comments are about non-drill rifles). In the CMP volunteer days I sorted and graded many, LN Springfield in one carton, HN Springfield in another, and so on.

The rulebooks prohibit their use in CMP matches. All CMP rifles include documents about safety, qualified gunsmith, etc. And most importunity, LN 1903s are historically significant and by no means suitable for scrap.
They may continue to segregate them, and maybe they are waiting for time to sort and grade them, maybe waiting for a month not ending in Y, who knows. But I doubt they are destroying them, and storing rifles they won't sell is not reasonable.
Logic says they would sell them.
JH
If you're asking for a source confirming CMP selling only high # 03s at this time, it's John Beard's statement to he forum earlier this month.

01-02-2020, 05:10 PM
Seasons' Greetings!

M1903's are graded as "Good Bore" and "Dark Bore", with muzzle and throat erosion measurements. But the price is the same regardless of the grade. Rifles with unserviceable bores are rejected and returned to storage.

Only high number rifles and Remingtons with Type S, scant, or Type C stocks are being offered at this time. Rifles with Type C stocks cost about $75 more.

Thanks for your patronage! And Happy New Year!

J.B.

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 01-22-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
If you're asking for a source confirming CMP selling only high # 03s at this time, it's John Beard's statement to he forum earlier this month.
No sir, that CMP only has HN 1903s for sale at this time is not in question.
CMP sells 1903A3s, just not at this time. 1917s were not available for a long time, until they were. 1903s in general were not available for years.

I was responding to the statement that CMP will not sell LN 1903s at all. They have in the past and my question was regarding the source of information that CMP will not (ever) sell LN 1903s due to safety reasons.

CMP works, and sells rifles based on their timeline, batch processing and phase of moon? But "not selling" items they have that are of value, like I said, what is the source of this; many would be interested I am sure.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread

Last edited by ZvenoMan; 01-23-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: clarify