Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con38 View Post
Y’all think the forestock is legit?
The highwood stock certainly looks real along with the grip. Little doubt there in my opinion. The only thing about it that gives me concern is the channel in front of the mag well is very clean. Usually on an original stock that area has some fouling built up in it from the gas that escapes the gas piston. It could have been cleaned at some point though.

All the rest of it, with the possible exception of the recoil plate, looks repro to me. I've never seen a plastic m1a1 buttplate...
Old 10-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnewsome89 View Post
The highwood stock certainly looks real along with the grip. Little doubt there in my opinion. The only thing about it that gives me concern is the channel in front of the mag well is very clean. Usually on an original stock that area has some fouling built up in it from the gas that escapes the gas piston. It could have been cleaned at some point though.

All the rest of it, with the possible exception of the recoil plate, looks repro to me. I've never seen a plastic m1a1 buttplate...
Highwood with replaced hand grip but never shot....Never Say Never but I agree its unusual as Dnewsome89 noted.

Post WWII, replacement wood sets were made by Springfield Armory, I have a few and will go look to see if any are High wood....I seriously doubt it.