Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthompson502002 View Post
I wouldn't place a very large wager on that. The last edit is done.

Still, anything is possible. Publishers juggle schedules all the time, and we're the last folks they tell.

I just had to change a lot of stuff predicated on it being in ink before the of 2018, applied to the text in that initial expectation.

My hope: The "proofreader" doesn't screw this up as badly as the dimwitted bozo with my Paladin machine gun book who put all the drum magazine guns into print, rotated DIRECTLY against instructions, in the conviction they were "wheels".

It's sort of like the dunderheaded bozo who edited my M1 article some twenty years ago into some macabre confection of his own, then put my name on it. That was in a so-called "history" magazine, too. The stupid s.o.b. even garbled the statistical stuff, throwing out actual information for crap he made up that "sounded better".
Here's what Amazon is saying.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
Sure your publisher isn't related to one of the "news" companies?
I kind of wish they were. I was in that industry, and they have a sense of time.

The entire publishing industry, once one is away from million-sellers, has always moved very slowly.

I've seen the announcements of the later date. I hope those predictions are wrong. But as noted: Nothing surprises me any more. As literacy and objectivity shrink, hard publishing industries are tending to shrink, slow down, and become less innovative.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:17 AM

I also pre-ordered, but my Amazon has the price at $19.99, not at $13.38. Any idea why?

JGW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Here's what Amazon is saying.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGW006 View Post
I also pre-ordered, but my Amazon has the price at $19.99, not at $13.38. Any idea why?

JGW
Anything I'd tell you about the distribution end is guesswork. I do know in the pre-publishing stage--just as at the very end, the "remainder" stage!--distributors are willing to minimize profits in order to guarantee sales and solidify their picture of demand. I suspect ( BUT DO NOT KNOW--nobody at the serious end discusses ANY of this with me, I know what I know from my academic b.g. many decades ago ) the retail price will be higher than the $19.99 for those who wait until the last moment.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:33 PM

Jim, I'm confident it will the worth every bit of $19.99, and more. If someone else pays less for some reason, that's great for them and not something I'm going to lose any sleep over.

JGW
Old 09-19-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Anything I'd tell you about the distribution end is guesswork. I do know in the pre-publishing stage--just as at the very end, the "remainder" stage!--distributors are willing to minimize profits in order to guarantee sales and solidify their picture of demand. I suspect ( BUT DO NOT KNOW--nobody at the serious end discusses ANY of this with me, I know what I know from my academic b.g. many decades ago ) the retail price will be higher than the $19.99 for those who wait until the last moment.
Jim I ordered autographed copies of your books directly from you in September of 2017. Would this book be different from those? If so, do you have an order an autographed copy directly from you option for this book?

GuapoPogi
Old 09-20-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
Jim I ordered autographed copies of your books directly from you in September of 2017. Would this book be different from those? If so, do you have an order an autographed copy directly from you option for this book?

GuapoPogi
Different? Yes. Entirely different? No.

Updated, recombined, new data...and LOTS of color. They're designed to be FUN, and more so than the old pair of books.

Yes, I will make some available to CMP/GCA folks, but because of the setup, they'll be somewhat higher than the regular online price of the books. How much higher? Ask me when I have books in hand.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Different? Yes. Entirely different? No.

Updated, recombined, new data...and LOTS of color. They're designed to be FUN, and more so than the old pair of books.

Yes, I will make some available to CMP/GCA folks, but because of the setup, they'll be somewhat higher than the regular online price of the books. How much higher? Ask me when I have books in hand.
In case I donít notice an update to the thread, please message me when you are ready to do autographed copies.

GuapoPogi
Old 09-20-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
In case I donít notice an update to the thread, please message me when you are ready to do autographed copies.

GuapoPogi
Best guess: January. Fondest hope: about a month from today.

Reality will probably be the former.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:12 AM

Jim... does it mention you shooting the heavy 220grn loads with no issues and a stock gas screw?

I'd love seeing that in print.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/654109364964194/ CMP Travel Games FB Group