Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM

Default North Store Report 07/22/14

I made the ninety-minute run up to the North Store this morning, but forgot about the construction on I-75, so it took longer to arrive than anticipated. On the plus side, Orest Michaels was walking in the building at the same time I was, so I shook his hand and thanked him for relieving me of so much of my spare cash over the years.

I entered the store around 9:00 and found a decent crowd of about fifteen shoppers. The 03A3s mentioned yesterday had been restocked, and I counted twenty-five or so in the racks. I found one with a shiny bore, a muzzle wear reading of "0", and a hang tag indicating that it had John Beard's seal of approval, so I brought it home. The stock is original and varnished, but it'll be an easy restoration. The 03A3s were a mixed lot - some quite nice, others with dark bores and high muzzle readings.

There were a handful of SA Rack Grades and probably ten HRA Rackers. All of these were well used; I had planned on buying one if I could find a rifle with a decent stock, but didn't. There were only a couple of Field Grades on the floor, one of which had a barrel dated 11-43, and it was purchased by someone.

While I was examining the 03A3s, a gent brought out six Correct Grade HRAs. As you might guess, these were quite nice, and five remained when I left at 10:45.

The usual assortment of M1Ds and M1Cs were present, along with ten or so of the new Specials. The box of GI web slings was full and they looked nice. The back wall racks is full of 03A3 drill rifles, one of which had an absolutely beautiful tiger striped stock; unfortunately, it has a sizeable crack, and the welder must have been angry when he had it on the bench, because the metal was a mess.

The guys hinted that there may be more 03A3s on hand but said they do not expect another truck, so the Garand inventory will remain thin going forward.

I hung around longer than I anticipated, because the computer system went down for about 45 minutes while we were all waiting to check out. Seems like a regular thing during the Matches!

As usual, I'm glad I went.

Tony

Last edited by Radionicist; 07-22-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:59 PM

They usually have something good during the games...just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Sounds like you did well...thanks for the report!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:08 PM

Were the correct HRA's the old price of $1100? Good deal in today's world.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:22 PM

What are the prices of the 03A3's going for now at the North Store
Old 07-22-2014, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20sgt View Post
what are the prices of the 03a3's going for now at the north store
$595.00 + Tax or shipping
Old 07-22-2014, 01:36 PM

I was there about lunch time today. There were about (8) 03A3's left. ME and TE getting up there along with some dark bores. But they are 03A3's !

Don't ever forget, these are the good ol days.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
Were the correct HRA's the old price of $1100? Good deal in today's world.
No, they were priced at $1,500. Apparently, they have been hoarding this batch for a while, and these are the last of them in inventory.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:26 PM

Here are a couple of "before" shots of the 03A3 I brought home:

It looks to be all original and correct after a quick examination. I'm looking forward to restoring the stock - it seems as though the varnish did a good job of protecting it over the years.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radionicist View Post
No, they were priced at $1,500. Apparently, they have been hoarding this batch for a while, and these are the last of them in inventory.
Wow, a $400 jump in just a couple years! And I keep hearing there's no inflation. I understand why the sales page now says all corrects will be going to auction only.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:19 PM

I'd pay the CMP 1500 for a correct grade today.

After all, when they're gone they're gone. Anything from anyone else might not be legit or as received from the CMP.