Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 PM

I stopped briefly on way to Michigan for meetings this morning.. 3 HRA correct grades still there $1500, approx 10 or so rack grade M1's most SA a couple HRA. A few O3A3's still there..

"Orest blue light special" today at North Store - normally $1200 Field Grade M1D's were $900 - they said today only....
Old 07-23-2014, 03:01 PM

I stopped in this morning around 11:00. There was one lonely 1903A3 with a worn barrel. I just missed them I guess. As the others have said, lots of 1903A3 drill rifles, 10 or so rack grades, and some specials. I didn't look at the correct grades.

I took home a rack grade SA 2.6 million serial with a ME 2+ and TE 3+. I had the guys behind the counter check it and it gauged better than what was on the tag. The tag said ME 3 and TE 5+. Sometimes those tags are not right. It has a SA 47 barrel, HRA bolt, IHC op rod, SA trigger housing with SA safety and HRA hammer. I just need to peen the barrel to tighten up the gas cylinder and it should be good. The stock has a "been well used" look with faint SA RA stamps and a crookedly place P stamp by the hand grip.

Last edited by miclou; 07-23-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM

Default Stock

Check the stock again. Yesterday that rifle had a 2104 IHC stock.. beat up and the butt plate had lots of overhang but it was what is was... there were 3 IHC stocks yesterday afternoon... none were in good enough condition for any of the IHC rifles that I have seen posted. The stock on one of the HRA's was ok but had no cartouches visible. With a lot of work and steaming a stock pro might have brought it back to life. I think that was also in the 200 4 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclou View Post
I stopped in this morning around 11:00. There was one lonely 1903A3 with a worn barrel. I just missed them I guess. As the others have said, lots of 1903A3 drill rifles, 10 or so rack grades, and some specials. I didn't look at the correct grades.

I took home a rack grade SA 2.6 million serial with a ME 2+ and TE 3+. I had the guys behind the counter check it and it gauged better than what was on the tag. The tag said ME 3 and TE 5+. Sometimes those tags are not right. It has a SA 47 barrel, HRA bolt, IHC op rod, SA trigger housing with SA safety and HRA hammer. I just need to peen the barrel to tighten up the gas cylinder and it should be good. The stock has a "been well used" look with faint SA RA stamps and a crookedly place P stamp by the hand grip.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclou View Post

One of my friends impulsively made the trip to the North Store last night (from MD) and arrived to see that there were no FG M1's. All he saw was RG M1's and some 03A3's, which he did not want.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken792 View Post
One of my friends impulsively made the trip to the North Store last night (from MD) and arrived to see that there were no FG M1's. All he saw was RG M1's and some 03A3's, which he did not want.
I think I met him and had a real nice conversation. Tried to help him out but really though he would do better putting in an order. Sad that he came all that way and there was nothing for him.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:02 PM

Any high number 1903's drill rifles? If so, what price?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
I think I met him and had a real nice conversation. Tried to help him out but really though he would do better putting in an order. Sad that he came all that way and there was nothing for him.
Big guy with dark, curly hair? Thanks for trying to help him out. He's really wanted an M1 for years, especially since his grandfather chased Nazis with one. He watched the store reports for the past few days and hoped that Wednesday morning would not be too late. At least now he'll definitely get one by mail order since his paperwork is in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdstew View Post
Any high number 1903's drill rifles? If so, what price?

Thanks
Don't think so. All of the drill rifles I believe are 03A3's.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:56 PM

All the drills were 1903a3 rifles.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 07-24-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken792 View Post
Big guy with dark, curly hair? Thanks for trying to help him out. He's really wanted an M1 for years, especially since his grandfather chased Nazis with one. He watched the store reports for the past few days and hoped that Wednesday morning would not be too late. At least now he'll definitely get one by mail order since his paperwork is in order.

Don't think so. All of the drill rifles I believe are 03A3's.
That was him. Tell him I wish him well!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Arrow View Post
I think there could be some every day. I was in yesterday at lunch time. I saw 8or so 03's. I made my choice and called my brother and alerted him the "Christmas in July" situation. When he got there about 2:30pm or so he said there were 30 or so people looking over 20 or so 03's. I'm not sure, I think they spread these out to over the course of the matches. It would make sense.

Good luck.
If I was to call there this afternoon, would they be able to tell me if there would be 03A3's available on Friday morning? I have about a 5 hour trip each way and wouldn't mind the drive if there is a reasonably good chance I would go home with a decent rifle.