Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2015, 01:42 PM

I was there. I pulled in about 8:30 this morning. The line wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. One guy came out bragging about the rifle he had it home and how it was better and that the rifles inside sucked. It was frankly kind of rude. One apparent collector came out apparently disappointed because they only had postage stamp IHC's. I took a field home with some IHC parts and LMR barrel and a Winchester stock. The Winny stock is for a rifle I have at home and I will put the GI wood I have on the IHC. The rifle is filthy, but has the original finish with the chamber in the white. I have torn the whole rifle down and have it soaking in CLP to loosen the crud. It is like a mixture of dried cosmoline and sawdust. It was really caked on under the rear hand guard. The bore is bright and shiny. I didn't see any IHC stocks when I went in. There was a REALLY nice GAW stock on one rifle and it had an early Winchester hand guard on it. I even saw a few saw cut gas tubes, one Winchester and one SA.

They have Green Tip, 240 round spams, 200 round loose and the vintage 520 round ball cans. Lots of people seemed to be purchasing bayonets and a few people milling over the drill rifles. All in all a good experience and everyone was pretty polite. One guy was helping another gentleman pick out a rifle because he didn't know much about them.

They had corrects, rack grade HRA rifles, M1C's M1D specials with mounts, M1D's in a few flavors, slings, a few chromed M1917 actions, drill rifles, some .22 actions, the Daisy rifles and M14 stocks.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--

Last edited by kilroywashere; 03-19-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Wish I could have went. I mail ordered a service grade so hopefully I get one.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:08 PM

Citizenkane1 a SG is the way to go.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:10 PM

I guessin the postage stamps would be at the SS...That collector went to the wrong store....regards....alex
Old 03-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
One guy was helping another gentleman pick out a rifle because he didn't know much about them.
Well, that's nice to hear. Usually, the collectards stampede all over these less-knowledgeable types before they can even pull a decent rifle off the rack.

Quote:
They had corrects, rack grade HRA rifles, M1C's M1D specials with mounts, M1D's in a few flavors, slings, a few chromed M1917 actions, drill rifles, some .22 actions, the Daisy rifles and M14 stocks.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
Well, that's nice to hear. Usually, the collectards stampede all over these less-knowledgeable types before they can even pull a decent rifle off the rack.
I remember going during the matches and lucking out on the 1903a3 release. There was a guy who would put a rifle down and walk away then run over when someone picked it up and claim it was HIS rifle. He even put his hand on the rifle I picked up and proclaimed it was his. I told him he should have put it behind the counter then. He didn't get it from me and it turned out to be correct . I know what you are talking about. It really is a shame.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 03-19-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
I remember going during the matches and lucking out on the 1903a3 release. There was a guy who would put a rifle down and walk away then run over when someone picked it up and claim it was HIS rifle. He even put his hand on the rifle I picked up and proclaimed it was his. I told him he should have put it behind the counter then. He didn't get it from me and it turned out to be correct . I know what you are talking about. It really is a shame.
Sure he put it down, but maybe he urinated on it to mark it as his territory? Did you ever think about that?

You disrespected and challenged his Alpha Male scent and he backed down. That means you are the top dog!.

Those 03A3's were hard to pass up, but I managed to do it somehow.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 03-19-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I was there. I pulled in about 8:30 this morning. The line wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. One guy came out bragging about the rifle he had it home and how it was better and that the rifles in side sucked. It was frankly kind of rude. One apparent collector came out apparently disappointed because they only had postage stamp IHC's. I took a field home with some IHC parts and LMR barrel and a Winchester stock. The Winny stock is for a rifle I have at home and I will put the GI wood I have on the IHC. The rifle is filthy, but has the original finish with the chamber in the white. I have torn the whole rifle down and have it soaking in CLP to loosen the crud. It is like a mixture of dried cosmoline and sawdust. It was really caked on under the rear hand guard. The bore is bright and shiny. I didn't see any IHC stocks when I went in. There was a REALLY nice GAW stock on one rifle and it had an early Winchester hand guard on it. I even saw a few saw cut gas tubes, one Winchester and one SA.

They have Green Tip, 240 round spams, 200 round loose and the vintage 520 round ball cans. Lots of people seemed to be purchasing bayonets and a few people milling over the drill rifles. All in all a good experience and everyone was pretty polite. One guy was helping another gentleman pick out a rifle because he didn't know much about them.

Nice report, glad to hear you found a WRA stock you could use. Wish I could have been there with you guys but had to work today. You are right, some of those rifles I am guessing were the Turkish returns are downright filthy and need a good soak as you said. Sounded like some had good muzzle readings too.

22 December 1944 Bastogne

http://www.army.mil/article/92856
Old 03-19-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsimonetti View Post
sure he put it down, but maybe he urinated on it to mark it as his territory? Did you ever think about that?

You disrespected and challenged his alpha male scent and he backed down. That means you are the top dog!.

Those 03a3's were hard to pass up, but i managed to do it somehow.
lol!
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
They had corrects, rack grade HRA rifles.
Any idea how many of the HRA corrects that they had? Thanks