Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Shomway Shomway is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,059
Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default

From another thread and looks like about 12-15 in the rack.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
There was a whole rack of racks(both sides). Most had pretty high Throat readings (5+-7+) and the wood generally wasn't pretty. I came away with one that was the exception but left the IHCs behind for others. Still a fair (and surprising) number of IHCs left when I left at 12:30. There was a half rack of HRA Corrects and they were generally outstanding as well as a 1/2 rack of the new 'fake' M1Ds built on 'real' M1D barrels. I was told that the mounts on the new ones were actually better than USGI but... I asked if the CMP would be selling the repro mounts separately but the guys at the counter didn't know. Some very nice -03 drill rifles with nice wood.
__________________
31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-19-2015, 08:13 PM
DBR63 DBR63 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,001
Default

Saw several nice IHC Field Grades with low readings and nice wood. One had a real nice GAW stock and only needed a correct trigger group. Had it in my hands a LOOOOONG time before I put it down. Keeping the faith that my GAP comes through!! Fingers crossed
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 PM
Frank Black Frank Black is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West of Camp Perry.
Posts: 180
Default

Wow, good reports here. Just reading thru the more recent posts, it's sounds like the NS saw a lot of action today.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-19-2015, 10:16 PM
Ohio Don Ohio Don is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: S Florida and SE Ohio
Posts: 4,119
Default

Still waiting on the pics.
__________________
NRA Life member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor,RSO
US Army Transportation and Medical Corps Museums Life member
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-20-2015, 05:44 AM
kilroywashere kilroywashere is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sylvania Ohio
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR63 View Post
Saw several nice IHC Field Grades with low readings and nice wood. One had a real nice GAW stock and only needed a correct trigger group. Had it in my hands a LOOOOONG time before I put it down. Keeping the faith that my GAP comes through!! Fingers crossed
You were cracking me up with that rifle. I was the jerk picking on you for fawning over that stock and hand guard. LOL!
__________________
___
/iiiiiiiiiiiii\
(\OiiiiiO/)
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-20-2015, 06:28 AM
DBR63 DBR63 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
You were cracking me up with that rifle. I was the jerk picking on you for fawning over that stock and hand guard. LOL!
I've never thought that hard about a rifle before. Tough decision but I've got to live with it now. Waiting on that DBU!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-20-2015, 07:27 AM
kilroywashere kilroywashere is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sylvania Ohio
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR63 View Post
I've never thought that hard about a rifle before. Tough decision but I've got to live with it now. Waiting on that DBU!
Do you remember the muzzle and throat readings on that rifle by chance?
__________________
___
/iiiiiiiiiiiii\
(\OiiiiiO/)
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-20-2015, 07:33 AM
DBR63 DBR63 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
Do you remember the muzzle and throat readings on that rifle by chance?
It was nice meeting you. Readings were 2 and 2.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-20-2015, 10:54 AM
kilroywashere kilroywashere is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sylvania Ohio
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR63 View Post
It was nice meeting you. Readings were 2 and 2.
Nice meeting you too and thank you for the info. The readings were just a little better on the rifle I grabbed. Just went to the range and sighted it in at 50 yards. It was all the time I had. I will get it out to 100 and 200 yards next trip. Good groups at 50 yards with a particularly nice 3 shot clover leaf with the edges touching shooting HXP ball from the bench at 50, but time will tell.
__________________
___
/iiiiiiiiiiiii\
(\OiiiiiO/)
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-20-2015, 11:35 AM
gatorindy gatorindy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 38
Default I'm impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
Nice meeting you too and thank you for the info. The readings were just a little better on the rifle I grabbed. Just went to the range and sighted it in at 50 yards. It was all the time I had. I will get it out to 100 and 200 yards next trip. Good groups at 50 yards with a particularly nice 3 shot clover leaf with the edges touching shooting HXP ball from the bench at 50, but time will tell.
Man with a purpose. I wonder how many of those purchased this weekend will sit neglected in safes days, weeks, months before they are fed! Well done Sir!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.