Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2017, 02:02 PM

Default 3/30/2017 visit

Fellows--

I am thinking about making a trip to the NS this Thur. The 6mill will round out my collection. I have been busy and unable to make it up to the NS until this Thur.

Looks like as of Sat. night they still had 40 plus.

I am assuming Thur. morning they should still be there?

For the people that were there Sat. would you say it looked about right as far as 6mill goes?

Just hope the NS has not shipped any back to the South Store.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:14 PM

Also I know it has been asked a million times just want to make sure, I have ordered from them before, I am a GCA member, do I needed to bring anything else?
Old 03-27-2017, 07:21 PM

If you don't have an account yet, a membership in an affiliated club, proof of US Citizenship, (Birth Certificate or US Passport), a CCW permit or other proof of firearms training such as DD214, LE Academy or a sign off from a range instructor. I think this is most of it.
If you already have an account and have provided the above I know they asked for my current affiliated club membership card and I believe my Drivers License.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

You might need a Notary if its been more than three since your last purchase, that can be done at the store. Since you are a current GCA member, you should be good to go.
Did you have your GCA membership forwarded to the CMP? Before you make the trip you might want to Email CS to verify they have your updated membership on file.

Last edited by Shomway; 03-27-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:26 PM

Shomway--

I emailed them a few hours ago, just to be sure. I remember a few years ago I ordered something from the eStore and they did not have my updated GCA info. They did some research and found it, mine and a bunch of other people's info.

I am looking forward to the trip, its been many years since I have been out there.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
Fellows--

I am thinking about making a trip to the NS this Thur. The 6mill will round out my collection. I have been busy and unable to make it up to the NS until this Thur.

Looks like as of Sat. night they still had 40 plus.

I am assuming Thur. morning they should still be there?

For the people that were there Sat. would you say it looked about right as far as 6mill goes?

Just hope the NS has not shipped any back to the South Store.
There were 47 6M's in the rack after I left Sat, mid-AM. A number of those were marked for auction on the tag. There wasn't a lot of traffic in the store. I would say you'll likely have a good selection.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:15 PM

I wonder if they pulled the 6M from the Stores to fill mail orders now that they are listed as 'sold out' on the web site. Good luck to those going tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitten View Post
I wonder if they pulled the 6M from the Stores to fill mail orders now that they are listed as 'sold out' on the web site. Good luck to those going tomorrow.
It's happened before.. Best to call first.
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 AM

Why is it after they're all gone all of sudden everyone wants one? These lasted for order longer than I ever thought. Well, do we have a report of availability?

Last edited by jagrmaister; 03-30-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:07 PM

Wow--

Just got back from the NS. What a selection. Had a wonderful day, could have spent all day! Best I have seen it since the early 2000's. Corrects, Collector's, Service Grades, Specials...they were all calling my name!

They still had a full rack of 6mils and boy I have to say they all looked great. I would have been happy to have anyone of them. It was hard to just pick one, I should have bought two but I left one for you guys. Really you would be happy with any of them. A few still had cosmoline everywhere so clearly not played with since rebuild. A few had the CMP stock and although I thought I would not want one with the, "New", stock they really, really look good.

I had three criteria that I wanted and I found one that made all three. (Auction tag, MW <2, LEAD rebuild)

I am one happy person.

Again, if you are on the sidelines I would try and make a trip. I went from PA today, totally worth it. Just wish I got another one now that I am home