Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 07:05 AM

Default 1st shipment pistols vs 2nd shipment

So those of us without a number now know where we stand on the first allotment of pistols, and will hopefully have our high numbers soon. I’d encourage everyone in the same boat as me to not lose hope just yet, the CMP is releasing these handguns at a speed that’s SUSTAINABLE year to year, not slamming out 8,000 handguns in a month with a staff of 200. At their current pace (as evidenced by posters here) there SHOULD be little to no timing difference between the end of the 1st round and beginning of the 2nd round of pistols *ASSUMING A SECOND BATCH IS APPROVED AND DELIVERED*.

Think of all the progress they’ve made so far: the vault is set up and has been approved, the packets for the first 2.5 years have been accepted, the staff is trained and has a sustainable system in place, FBI/NICS check systems are hopefully working better than before, they’ve proven to the federal government they can handle this task responsibly and without incident. These are all speed bumps they won’t have to struggle with in year 2 like they did in year 1.

I for one, as an RNG 11,000-19,000 have not lost hope. It’s been an incredibly fun journey so far watching you all receive your pistols, scouring the swap pages, and learning about these historic handguns.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfenhag22 View Post
So those of us without a number now know where we stand on the first allotment of pistols, and will hopefully have our high numbers soon. I’d encourage everyone in the same boat as me to not lose hope just yet, the CMP is releasing these handguns at a speed that’s SUSTAINABLE year to year, not slamming out 8,000 handguns in a month with a staff of 200. At their current pace (as evidenced by posters here) there SHOULD be little to no timing difference between the end of the 1st round and beginning of the 2nd round of pistols *ASSUMING A SECOND BATCH IS APPROVED AND DELIVERED*.

Think of all the progress they’ve made so far: the vault is set up and has been approved, the packets for the first 2.5 years have been accepted, the staff is trained and has a sustainable system in place, FBI/NICS check systems are hopefully working better than before, they’ve proven to the federal government they can handle this task responsibly and without incident. These are all speed bumps they won’t have to struggle with in year 2 like they did in year 1.

I for one, as an RNG 11,000-19,000 have not lost hope. It’s been an incredibly fun journey so far watching you all receive your pistols, scouring the swap pages, and learning about these historic handguns.
Words of wisdom. Thank you. +1
Old 02-22-2019, 12:32 PM

Default Thanks for the encouraging words

Well said, any hope for knowing when the next release is underway?

Regards plf1911
Old 02-22-2019, 03:41 PM

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...-1911-pistols/
Old 02-22-2019, 03:44 PM

Wink yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketofgut View Post
dated 2017
Old 02-22-2019, 03:58 PM

Will the same thing not have to happen again for the next allotment? Hope it will be easier for CMP with all their hard work this year.

Last edited by bucketofgut; 02-22-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Will the same thing not have to happen again for the next allotment? Hope it will be easier for CMP with all their hard work this year.
what do you mean by same thing? They'll already have the RNG done and all the packets lined up, so next allocation should be much faster
Old 02-22-2019, 04:45 PM

I was talking about the US Govt. involvement House vote ect. Or is it just automatic a second shipment of 1911s' will be transferred to CMP.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I was talking about the US Govt. involvement House vote ect. Or is it just automatic a second shipment of 1911s' will be transferred to CMP.
Ah that makes more sense.

The house/senate will need to vote on it.

I believe the procedure was that they would evaluate the successfulness of the first release, including statistics of the guns falling into teh wrong hands, crimes committed with them, etc. (My guess is that it's NIL) before approving release of the second shipment. That's partially why CMP had to go with the crazy double NICS background checks and not direct shipping to FFL003 holders, etc. etc.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:08 PM

I thought the second shipment was part of existing legislation but the SoA is given more say or leeway for the second round. Anything beyond requires a new enabling act of Congress. Would be nice to know the facts and separate the wheat from the chaff.