Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2019, 01:45 PM

Default What are the chances of more 1911's?

Received this today:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. At this time, we do not have enough 1911 type pistols to complete your order. Should the Army send us another shipment of sufficient quantity, we will use those 1911 type pistols to fill the next orders in line. Please do not contact us or reply to this email at this time.

Your generated number: 10608

Thanks,
CMP 1911 Program

So, 4 questions here:

1. what are the odds of CMP getting another batch next year?
2. how likely is my number to fall inside that next batch?
3. are there further hoops i have to jump through at that time to refresh my data to the CMP? I.E. a new notary, a new proof of gun club participation, an updated and signed set of paperwork, etc?
4. did they actually even check paperwork on those who fell outside the first batch? I read comments of others claiming the numbers are being assigned much more rapidly now. Could it be that CMP is not vetting anymore, they are just assigning #'s and will instruct those to start their paperwork over again and hope to be approved next year? (I.E. is it sound to assume that being assigned a RNG does not mean your application is approved, just that it was seen and assigned for later?)

I know the real answer to that is pure speculation this early on, unless of course an admin has any info to share with us here... would be great to know if it is simple as "yes you were approved, and no, you don't have to submit anything but payment next year if your selected!", though I doubt it will be that easy with gun control as it is and a whole 365+ days passing since application...

I'm afraid that all this has suddenly become MUCH more complicated falling in the next year's selection pool in a process where if you forget to dot an I you may be rejected. OK, i know it's not THAT severe (a little exaggeration on my part), but you know what I mean...

I chuckle to myself... i can see my RNG optimistically, or pessimistically:

pessimist: in a RNG of 1-19,000, i wound up with tails (latter 1/2 of the lot)
optimist: i ended up with a first 1/2 lot of tails, where many are much worse off than i...
more pessimist... i'm not that close to early "tails"
more optimist... i'd hope that CMP gets at LEAST 3k in their next batch which would secure me in line!

Now to wait for next year...

Last edited by khenzel; 02-21-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:37 PM

I don't think anyone knows the answers to 1 and 2.

Hopefully you get one with the next batch, I still haven't received my RNG so who knows when and if I'll get one this decade lol.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:12 PM

When does the CMP find out?

I’m sure the Army doesn’t just send over 10,000 pistols when they feel like it and say suprise!!

If it’s happening there must already be planning etc.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:47 PM

Same boat as you are. I need to hope a LOT of CMP members couldn't figure out the paperwork or changed their minds. Pretty doubtful. At least it's not Captain Crunch starting up. Ugggggghhhhhh
Old 02-21-2019, 06:43 PM

I received my RNG 6982 which I was not too thrilled about because there may not be any service grades remaining. I'm not sure if I want a lesser grade. As of now, my wife hasn't received her RNG. This may be good, or with our typical luck, bad. However, if I'm not mistaken, as far as the next allotment of pistols goes, this is next year!

Good luck to all.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
Old 02-21-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman2 View Post
I received my RNG 6982 which I was not too thrilled about because there may not be any service grades remaining. I'm not sure if I want a lesser grade. As of now, my wife hasn't received her RNG. This may be good, or with our typical luck, bad. However, if I'm not mistaken, as far as the next allotment of pistols goes, this is next year!

Good luck to all.
I believe the CMP is only releasing "service grade" pistols.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman2 View Post

Good luck to all.
Honestly my preference would have been towards the tail end with the option of field grades. it seems like for the service grades, you have a much higher chance of getting freshly reparked guns instead of original finish.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:12 PM

I want a field grade. I like guns with character.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:13 PM

Default 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtgeo View Post
When does the CMP find out?

Iím sure the Army doesnít just send over 10,000 pistols when they feel like it and say suprise!!

If itís happening there must already be planning etc.
If I recall the Army said 10,000 a year didnt they. And didnt they release in May of last year. Now that CMP is set up hopefully it will be sooner then later. Got my number today to
Old 02-21-2019, 09:22 PM

Still no number for me or my brother in law. If I end up over 18,000 or so, it will not be good. The political winds are not looking favorable after this next years allotment IMO. I'll keep checking my e-mail.

Tags
1911 pistol