Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2019, 12:11 PM

Default USGI vehicle weapons mount

I acquired this mount a few years back as a gift, it appears USGI? I know they are making reproductions, can someone tell me if this is authentic? if so what are these worth? I don't see them for sale often. I would like to incorporate it in some type of display, a WWII Jeep would be ideal, but I don't have one of those handy. Any ideas of how you would incorporate something like this into a display or should I just sell it since I don't have a Jeep or half track. I think it's a nice piece and deserves to be seen and out of the dark closet, but in what way would you display a item as this?

Old 05-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy16 View Post
I acquired this mount a few years back as a gift, it appears USGI? I know they are making reproductions, can someone tell me if this is authentic? if so what are these worth? I don't see them for sale often. I would like to incorporate it in some type of display, a WWII Jeep would be ideal, but I don't have one of those handy. Any ideas of how you would incorporate something like this into a display or should I just sell it since I don't have a Jeep or half track. I think it's a nice piece and deserves to be seen and out of the dark closet, but in what way would you display a item as this?

Can't answer as to whether it's real or not. But for display, maybe do a mock up of a section of a Jeep showing where and how it's mounted, displaying a weapon in the rack. Get a large picture of a Jeep with the rack and weapon visible to display above and behind the display.

Sort of like people do when they make a background for a box diorama.
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Old 05-06-2019, 08:37 PM

Get a jeep windshield and mount it to it. Then mount the windshield to a wall on hinges so you can let it down into a table. You could use plexiglass for the glass and glue some black and white battle field scene on the back of the glass so it looks like you were looking at a battle field. Would be very easy to make a faux windshield.

I have a couple of those old GPW's.

Last edited by eightyduece; 05-06-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:22 PM

One might attach it to the floor lamp next to the favorite recliner... Then rotate '03, M1, Carbine & repeat, if the spirit(s) moves you...
Old 05-10-2019, 12:15 PM

IF you decide to sell this, please let me know. I have a friend who "NEEDS" this really bad.

He has two jeeps he is restoring..........
Old 05-10-2019, 12:45 PM

Some interesting ideas, I like the idea of the Jeep windshield, wonder how the wife would like that hanging on the living room wall. All are great ideas for sure.