Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 PM

Default North Store Etiquette 1\8\11

Staff was courteous as usual.

What I didnt like was that when i was browsimg the winchester service grades, right after i picked up a rifle a guy walked up to me and said "oh, thats the one i was coming to get",or something like that. At first nothing in particular stood out on the rifle as something i was looking for. so i opened the action and looked the rifle over and after confirming that there was nothing particularly different about this rifle from the rest i said "here you go" and handed it to him.

that was kind of a space cadet move on his part. If you want a rifle, dont put it back in the rack. and if you do put it back in the rack,dont expect someone to hand it over to you just because. if i had more money than brains or just wanted to spite this guy (mom raised me better than that)i would have told him too bad.

so i am posting this so that if you ever want a rifle that someone is holding, just bite your tongue and the rifle will probably be yours in the end anyway. the other guy ( and your mother) will thank you for waiting your turn. oh and you are welcome to whoever you are.

i am typing this on my kindle so please excuse the grammar errors as it is kind of time consuming to punctuate every little thing.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

I see nothing wrong with his statement he was just making chit chat, seems that your overly sensitive and took it the wrong way, just my opinion
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 PM

wow! Two great, civilized comments... wonder if it'll end right here...
Old 01-10-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincalc View Post
wow! Two great, civilized comments... wonder if it'll end right here...
not a chance

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy85 View Post
I see nothing wrong with his statement he was just making chit chat, seems that your overly sensitive and took it the wrong way, just my opinion
I don't know. I don't think he was over sensitive at all. It certainly didn't seem like chit-chat. To me chit-chat is friendly questions or conversation and not that your holding the rifle he wanted. I kinda see Jones point. If he was interested in the rifle he shouldn't have put it back in the rack.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:16 AM

+1 I'm with Jones223.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:14 AM

Back in the day when the Carbines were coming out (2 to 3 years now?) I was looking at some in the rack when two guys got on either side of me and picked up six at a time - three with each hand - to take them elsewhere in the store to examine them. Couldn't believe it. I was staring at one, with the rack on either side of me empty. Once they looked over the dozen they pulled from the rack, they would put the ordinary back and keep the prizes.

So based on first hand experience, I'm with Jones223. Be courteous and wait your turn with the rifles in the rack like all the other gentlemen and ladies who come to the store. And if its not tagged and behind the counter, its not yours. Kick yourself in silence.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 AM

As stated earlier..If it aint in your hand or behind the counter it aint yours. Concerning the picking up six carbines at a time..Once upon a time they had dealers that would come together and surrond a rack of rifles to keep us 'average Joes' from getting in to take a look. Most of those were identified and black balled, as to my understanding. To me going to the North Store is like Christmas. Who wants to screw up Christmas with rudeness?

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 AM

There are all sorts of "games" customers will play when shopping the stores. I've seen guys blocking aisles while their friend inspects all the rifles in that rack, I've witnessed what dsm01s has stated.

From what the OP said, it really depends on the attitude and way the guy asked for the rifle. If it was more of a "Gimme that rifle" than a "I'd like that rifle when your done with it" kinda thing then shame on him.
CMP HP Master
DR#2474 (2019) 1/2 with irons, 1/2 with optics
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM

I've seen those "games" as well. Jerks trying to pull rifles off the cart while George pushed it across the floor. Buzzards. What makes them stand out even more is the fact that most people are quite helpful toward one another, pointing out "worth-a-look" rifles to others, lending gauges, sharing encouragement (to spend even more), info, etc..