Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2019, 06:56 PM

Default NS Report 07/20/2019

Today I went to a trapshoot at Sportman's Gun and Reel Club in Lorain, OH, and afterwards I decided to drive over to Camp Perry. Got there about 2pm. Today they had Service Grades - IHCs, Springfields, and HRAs. Plus some the service and field grade specials. They put out their remaining 1903s in the morning and they were gone by the time I got there.

Some of the service grades were a little rough and some were pretty good. I found a nice IHC service grade in the racks along with a HRA service grade. There were several HRAs in the rack. You can buy one of each SKU - I think there were calling them NLUs. Basically their catalog numbers, so to speak. When I went through the service grade rack I was just looking at muzzles and what condition they were in. So that is how I found those two rifles. The IHC had a new stock, good LMR barrel, and nice metal. The HRA had more of a USGI stock but nothing like the stocks we got with the Greek rifles years ago. The HRA had a WRA, uncut op rod along with a HRA barrel. I tagged them at the counter and went back to the racks for another look. This time I picked up all the rifles and inspected the receivers. That is when I noticed one of the IHCs left in the rack was a gap letter IHC. Never seen one of those before in person. So I swapped out the other IHC for the gap letter IHC, since you can only buy one of each catalog number. This IHC has mainly SA parts on it so nothing else was IHC but I could not pass on a gap letter.

There were some .308 IHC service grade specials in one side of a rack and they were pretty nice although some heel stamps were weak. If you want a nice one, look at the one at the far right end of that rack - nice heel stamp. There were also some field grade specials and they were also pretty nice. Mostly SA rifles but some were 5.9m serial number rifles.

If you buy a Garand, you can buy two cases of ammo at 25% off - I bought two cases of Creedmoor .308, 167gr ammo. They were 50% off earlier in the year if you bought a rifle.

Went to vendor row. Not many stores open because they are shooting smallbore prone right now and looks to be around 70-80 competitors. Champions Choice, Creedmoor, BFT, Inland, and FFF were open. Got to talk to the guy in Fin and Feather for a while. They had those new A-tip (aluminum tipped) Hornady bullets in 6.5mm and we were discussing those. Creedmoor is in the building that Champions Shooters Supply once occupied. Creedmoor had shooting coats and stands. BFT mainly had smallbore type of equipment including an interesting Feinwerkbau Model 2800 (.22LR) for around $5400 - interesting how you loaded the shell into the end of the bolt. FFF had the normal reloading supplies - powders, bullets, primers - you can get Remington 7 1/2 primers there. Champions Choice had their usually assortment of smallbore rifles, air rifles, reloading supplies, .22LR ammo, and other ammo. It is interesting that Eley red box is about 20% cheaper than 3-4 years ago. Maybe the strong US dollar is helping us.

Looks like most of the other vendors will be there next weekend.

Last edited by abeal; 07-20-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:08 PM

Awesome report, thank you so much!
Old 07-21-2019, 09:24 AM

Iím heading up there in a week. Thanks for the report
Old 07-21-2019, 10:05 AM

Excellent report! ...Thanks! .....
Old 07-22-2019, 08:48 PM

I got one of those 03's on Saturday AM.
Drove 5 hours to be 10th in line when they opened.

Walked away with a Mark 1 receiver and a date correct barrel with outstanding bore.