Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2019, 05:54 PM

Wow! That's a rack grade? Totally 100% awesome. If you want to trade up to a Field grade, I'll swap you even for my RR/RR 1944.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus McCrae View Post
My friend also has a 1911 rebuild marked with the word band in the same location. It isnít a CMP gun though.

Any thoughts on the marking?
I was hoping others here on the forum had similar markings but maybe there isnít enough people who got pistols on here to compare. The only thing I know is what member thebearpack shared.

Most likely to the Army Reserve Depot at South Schenectady, NY on either 2/7/19 or 3/3/19
Old 09-21-2019, 07:50 PM

Default Bandelier National Monument (US National Park Service)

BAND could be the acronym for Bandelier National Monument (US National Park Service). The US Army managed many US National Parks before WW11. There is also the "NATIONAL PARK SERVICE MANUAL FOR THE HANDLING AND FIRING OF U.S. M1911 and M1911A1 Colt Automatic Pistol,.45 A.C.P. Caliber" This is just a guess on my part as I can not find any definitive history.

Brian
Old 09-22-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast View Post
BAND could be the acronym for Bandelier National Monument (US National Park Service). The US Army managed many US National Parks before WW11. There is also the "NATIONAL PARK SERVICE MANUAL FOR THE HANDLING AND FIRING OF U.S. M1911 and M1911A1 Colt Automatic Pistol,.45 A.C.P. Caliber" This is just a guess on my part as I can not find any definitive history.

Brian
They did, including Yellowstone. If you know where to look you can still see their old firing range that they used for training.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:25 AM

Question related to this... some of the CMP guns have markings from other service branches aside from the Army, correct? As in Marine and Navy markings?