Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2019, 08:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLD View Post
This may not help much, but try not to read anything into the contact sequence. One member with #1912 was called on 12/26 while another member with #1536 was contacted on 12/27, according to posts in another thread. Wish I could be of more help but speculating on this subject is likely going to draw ire from staff and moderators.
Member with number 1536 was contacted after his patience ran thin and called.
Was told that they had called in the first week of Dec. yet there was no voice mail or Email. He got lucky because he was told had he not called when he did, his order was going to the bottom of the pile in about 4 days....
Old 01-02-2019, 09:07 PM

Zippysrifle and Shomway, I'm also in the middle 1800's with no phone call. Based on the last guy getting a call at #2007, I have had over 160 pass me by. I don't want to freak out, but how can I know if my packet was rejected for some reason? I've been checking my voicemail and my email spam for weeks now. But if I'm in the same boat as #1536, there may never be a call coming to me unless I can get someone at Anniston to answer my phone call tomorrow...what to do???

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2019, 09:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesk View Post
Zippysrifle and Shomway, I'm also in the middle 1800's with no phone call. Based on the last guy getting a call at #2007, I have had over 160 pass me by. I don't want to freak out, but how can I know if my packet was rejected for some reason? I've been checking my voicemail and my email spam for weeks now. But if I'm in the same boat as #1536, there may never be a call coming to me unless I can get someone at Anniston to answer my phone call tomorrow...what to do???

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Not a spokesperson but I would give it time. Member with #1536 was passed over by almost 400 numbers before he called and had more patience then I would have... No one has posted yet that they have received a "reject notice", which I'm surprised by.
Hang in there!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:22 AM

OK,
1. GMU Patriot, no big deal when you are contacted tell the person your FFL has closed and provide the new FFL information, you are not the only one with this problem.

2. You can not believe how many people list a phone number without voicemail or voice mail has not been set up or is full.

3. Also hard to believe the number of people that put a "work" email and has since changed jobs. They Email us with new info but we can not go through 19,000 trying to find 1 to update their packet. We try but no guarantees.

4. Just because you are called does not mean you will receive a pistol the next day. Everyone is told it could be up to 90 days before Credit card is charged and pistol is shipped.

5. We have 5 staff members working on notifying customers and they have different numbers, also with the holidays we were working with a limited staff.

6. Contrary to what has been written in articles and said on camera only about 700 pistols have been shipped todate.

7. Calls from CMP 1911 will be from a 256 area code, sorry if you don't answer calls from numbers you don't know. We have numerous numbers so we can not say which number will call you.

8. These pistols are 99% mix masters and 90% have been through at least one rebuild in its life. We have already refunded people their money because they felt they should have received a 100% correct "Colt". One person even wanted a $100.00 discount because of the "hassle", also there seems to be a lot of "Master Gunsmiths" out there telling their customers the pistols are crap and only worth $300-$400. That pistol was returned and according to all the books and the Chief Armorer of the AMU was about 98% correct. Makes me wonder about some of these "Master Gun Smiths".

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ AND SEE IF IT DOES NOT COME FROM CMP1911

Last edited by cmp1911admin; 01-03-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: chang number
Old 01-03-2019, 11:29 AM

Thank you, and I was worried just because I didn't have a number yet, LOL.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:53 AM

cmp1911admin,

Thank you and clear as a bell, as usual. Great follow-up information.

grumpa72
Old 01-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Default CMP Reply

I want to thank the CMP for there reply. My thought's, with the amount of people sorting through this mess, they do one hell of a job. Again thanks for the information. Bill
Old 01-03-2019, 06:59 PM

I have RNG 1777 and have not received a call.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:19 PM

Notwithstanding the answers in post #36 above, and assuming the delay in notification for Mr. 1536 necessitating inquiry is an outlier, can anyone explain to me why 2081 is getting notified when 1777 has not and 1833 only just? Seems a bit odd to me, especially in light of the extensive rules and procedures put in place to ensure “fairness”.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat captain View Post
Notwithstanding the answers in post #36 above, and assuming the delay in notification for Mr. 1536 necessitating inquiry is an outlier, can anyone explain to me why 2081 is getting notified when 1777 has not and 1833 only just? Seems a bit odd to me, especially in light of the extensive rules and procedures put in place to ensure “fairness”.
This has already been addressed. Piles of papers go to different people at different desks. They are not called one by one in order. Fair enough.