Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2019, 07:32 PM

Is there a maximum number you can purchase at the store? I am going next week and I want to pick up a few to complete my collection.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:37 PM

Yes, there's a limit to the number you can buy per calendar year: 8

The info is on the official M1 Rifle Sales page here: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Good luck!

Rick

P.S. - That limit is for all purchases from the CMP, whether mail order or in-store.

Last edited by Yeoman007; 05-24-2019 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman007 View Post
Yes, there's a limit to the number you can buy per calendar year: 8

The info is on the official M1 Rifle Sales page here: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Good luck!

Rick

P.S. - That limit is for all purchases from the CMP, whether mail order or in-store.
Oh My... I knew about 8 limit... Didnít know if store had itís own. I havenít bought in a few years.. So, maybe I am due to hit my 8 limit in one shot? If wife wasnít coming, I probably would.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djryan13 View Post
Oh My... I knew about 8 limit... Didnít know if store had itís own. I havenít bought in a few years.. So, maybe I am due to hit my 8 limit in one shot? If wife wasnít coming, I probably would.
Yep! Check the info page and you'll see it doesn't differentiate between the two. And the limit is NOT just for completed rifles. It includes anything with an M1 Garand receiver, such as barreled actions, drill rifles, etc. Lot of good info on that page, plus what's available for mail order.

BTW, the CMP does change info on that page from time-to-time, like when they added info about using hackberry stocks, but without putting up any notice that there has been a change on the page. Notice there's no "Last Updated" entry anywhere on it. So it pays to re-read it occasionally.

Now you need to explain to your wife how you're getting some of these for her, as a complement to yours, so you two can participate in a joint activity.

Rick
Old 05-25-2019, 09:23 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There was ONE person at opening and the racks were full.

ONE.... 1903a3, SC, not drill....

WRA SG, 15, 2 WIN13, not with WRA barrels and 4 with WRA barrels. Nice rifles.

IHC SG, 20.

SA 6 million, 3.

CMP Specials, 22.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:54 AM

Super jealous! Sounds like a great day to be at the store!
Old 05-25-2019, 02:33 PM

Default Saturday closing report

There were 54 rifles present at closing and a minor restock of two rifles.

1903a3 SOLD...

CMP Specials/Field, 17

WRA SG, 12, one SA GAW stock, several with lockbar sights, several with WRA barrels.

IHC SG, 15

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:11 PM

I was the one person in line today at the south store - it was nice. It was a tough decision among the many guns, but thanks to Tom I was able to select two good guns. Iím not a Garand expert so I have yet to ID all the parts so I have tried to take pictures.

The IHC has a lot of IHC parts, but the thing that caught my attention was the WRA stock - faint but there along with the cannons. The op rod was SA, but I have an IHC op rod on an SA - so that is fine.

The Winchester was a Win-13 with a WRA barrel that may have been added at the 1964 Toole rebuild. Mostly WRA in the trigger group.

Tom, thanks again for the help. Sorry - the pictures are out of order a little. The IHC bolt is on the IHC.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...cBzwJtqWkf_Nq4
Old 05-25-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantnut View Post
I was the one person in line today at the south store - it was nice. It was a tough decision among the many guns, but thanks to Tom I was able to select two good guns. Iím not a Garand expert so I have yet to ID all the parts so I have tried to take pictures.

The IHC has a lot of IHC parts, but the thing that caught my attention was the WRA stock - faint but there along with the cannons. The op rod was SA, but I have an IHC op rod on an SA - so that is fine.

The Winchester was a Win-13 with a WRA barrel that may have been added at the 1964 Toole rebuild. Mostly WRA in the trigger group.

Tom, thanks again for the help. Sorry - the pictures are out of order a little. The IHC bolt is on the IHC.

Most likely I donít think the WRA was added during Toole rebuild. Most likely they either didnít change barrel during rebuild or CMP replaced the barrel while servicing your rifle. Never know for sure that is just my guess...
Old 05-25-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantnut View Post

Nice wood on that IHC!