Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2019, 12:10 PM

I personally would like to see a cost effective entry level M1 Rifle. Say $400 for your first M1 Rifle purchase (that's for a real shooter, not one that was beat like a rented mule) (kind of like once per lifetime). After that, if you wanted another M1 Rifle you would pay the regular price (how they are priced now). Maybe this could be combined with an M1 Rifle clinic and upon completion you would receive a certificate for the purchase of an M1 Rifle for the $400. For new shooters looking to start shooting Garands in the John C Garand match, many are left unable to afford the price of current M1 Rifles. Seeing the attendance drop in the John C. Garand match over the years really bothers me (I'm 45 and it appears that I was one of the younger shooters in the match. I know a lot of us have nice collections of many rifles, but we need more young shooters in this sport. My .02.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
I guess some comments got moderated out?
Yep noticed that too.Your not allowed to make waves and say how you feel about whats going on!!!!
Old 08-05-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1garand1055 View Post
Yep noticed that too.Your not allowed to make waves and say how you feel about whats going on!!!!
Or maybe the posters themselves had second thoughts and deleted on their own.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinson View Post
I personally would like to see a cost effective entry level M1 Rifle. Say $400 for your first M1 Rifle purchase (that's for a real shooter, not one that was beat like a rented mule) (kind of like once per lifetime). After that, if you wanted another M1 Rifle you would pay the regular price (how they are priced now). Maybe this could be combined with an M1 Rifle clinic and upon completion you would receive a certificate for the purchase of an M1 Rifle for the $400. For new shooters looking to start shooting Garands in the John C Garand match, many are left unable to afford the price of current M1 Rifles. Seeing the attendance drop in the John C. Garand match over the years really bothers me (I'm 45 and it appears that I was one of the younger shooters in the match. I know a lot of us have nice collections of many rifles, but we need more young shooters in this sport. My .02.
They are tasked by law with selling them at current value, not $400+ below value. In any case, I suspect there will be very few "new" shooters who benefit from this special low price, but at that price a lot of wives, in-laws, and other family members of current buyers will suddenly take a huge interest in "shooting"

Last edited by TSimonetti; 08-05-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:52 PM

I understand the wives thing. But since the AR15 went to scopes, It seems like we are pricing the next generation right out of this sport. O well, it is what it is I guess.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyO View Post
At least you have a store you can get to. I'm still waiting for CMP to open the West store hopefully here in Texas.
I have traveled to both stores from here in Utah. You have just as much access to the existing stores as anyone else near an airport.

That said, I am actually a little surprised about the north store not being healthily stocked during matches.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Re: the Next Generation. Given the choice between a $400 Garand or a $1000 iPhone, I'm betting that 99% of that "generation" will take the phone.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
I have traveled to both stores from here in Utah. You have just as much access to the existing stores as anyone else near an airport.

That said, I am actually a little surprised about the north store not being healthily stocked during matches.
Boy, ain't that the truth! CMP's biggest event and people traveling from all over the country and the store isn't stocked to the brim.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:26 PM

The North Store did feature a nice model CMP pen this year. The cups on the tables were full.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJ50 View Post
Re: the Next Generation. Given the choice between a $400 Garand or a $1000 iPhone, I'm betting that 99% of that "generation" will take the phone.
And you canít shoot a JCG match in your parentís basement on your XBOX.