Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspot100 View Post
you are correct. i was so excited i didnt remember my number correctly. correct rng is 9076. sorry for confusion
I would have claimed typographical error.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspot100 View Post
you are correct. i was so excited i didnt remember my number correctly. correct rng is 9076. sorry for confusion
Thanks for checking. Well maybe I'll be getting "the LOOOOONG awated call".
Old 08-24-2019, 06:50 PM

Damn! I love a close horse race. Here's hoping some of those long shots come in.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:50 PM

Default Numbers

As I have watched things develop, I wonder why do we have so many numbers not accounted for. Then I wonder Maybe we are only hearing from people on the forum. Or could there actually be that many people who did not do there paperwork correctly. I also wonder how many people have refused when the CMP called them. These are just thoughts I have wondered about. If anyone would care to comment please do, I am open to comments. Bill
Old 08-25-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Bill View Post
As I have watched things develop, I wonder why do we have so many numbers not accounted for. Then I wonder Maybe we are only hearing from people on the forum. Or could there actually be that many people who did not do there paperwork correctly. I also wonder how many people have refused when the CMP called them. These are just thoughts I have wondered about. If anyone would care to comment please do, I am open to comments. Bill
So far from what I can see the forum has only heard from one person whose NICS was denied. Hard to believe only one who follows here was denied, had paperwork run afoul, etc? Wish folks would share some of the not so good as well as the good...

Bill
Old 08-25-2019, 11:14 AM

Glad you made it... About 220 more for my fathers RGN...
Old 08-25-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWilliam View Post
So far from what I can see the forum has only heard from one person whose NICS was denied. Hard to believe only one who follows here was denied, had paperwork run afoul, etc? Wish folks would share some of the not so good as well as the good...

Bill
Yeah, seems like, from the numbers, there have been many denied, refused, changed their minds etc... Even if they started at # 1,000, as 9076 got the call.

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 08-26-2019, 12:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to xd9x19

IIRC, early on CMP1911Amdin did mention they had encountered a surprising number of folks who turned down them down. Based on the complaints some have posted, I guess others hoping for at least a SG may have turned it down not wanting to "gamble" on a FG or RG or maybe some pictures that were posted scared some folks off.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:10 PM

I agree they may have received many passes. I think some people envisioned pristine WW2 pistols, even though it was clearly stated they would be heavily rebuilt. And passed when they got the call! IMO
Old 08-27-2019, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stgarand View Post
Yeah, seems like, from the numbers, there have been many denied, refused, changed their minds etc... Even if they started at # 1,000, as 9076 got the call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9x19 View Post
IIRC, early on CMP1911Amdin did mention they had encountered a surprising number of folks who turned down them down. Based on the complaints some have posted, I guess others hoping for at least a SG may have turned it down not wanting to "gamble" on a FG or RG or maybe some pictures that were posted scared some folks off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T38Carbine View Post
I agree they may have received many passes. I think some people envisioned pristine WW2 pistols, even though it was clearly stated they would be heavily rebuilt. And passed when they got the call! IMO
All the above.
There have been a few different reasons...no exact numbers, but biggest factor is there have been quite a few who simply did not want to proceed with the order when contacted, for whatever reason.
And yes, there have been several who were returned for a variety of reasons, to include because they were not original condition-type pistols, despite the publicity that they were indeed primarily rebuilt pistols.
One of these returns was a WWI-era Colt with original slide sent back because it did not have the proper grips (rebuilt with 1911A1 style grips).

As far as numbers...
Per my post on the FAQ thread, the number of active members on this forum is a small percentage of CMP customers: approx. 6%.
And of those members, the percentage drops further when you consider those who post here regarding actual CMP 1911s.

If you go through the RGNs that are posted, you can roughly see that only about one in 10-20 is mentioned on the forum, and even then they don't all provide detailed order process/pistol info.
Bottom-line: You have a very small population here to consider/evaluate.

Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544