Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 08:23 PM

Default WTS 1944 M1 Garand with EXTRAS

I don't want to do this but there's really no others I can part with, in need of some cash at the moment. This is my Feb of 1944 dated M1. It is in very good condition with a great bore. It functions perfect and shoots extremely well. It was originally a CMP rifle so there's no import mark. With the rifle I am also including some extra's.

A Complete buttstock cleaning kit consisting of a 4 piece section steel cleaning rod with canvas pouch, M10 combo tool (for bolt/cleaning rod handle), a clear oiler bottle, bore brush, patch jag and 8 enbloc clips with 5 original 1944 dated 30-06 dummy cartridges. Most parts are SA but I do know that the front sight is an international harvester. It has a magnafluxed type gas cylinder ring and a poppet type gas valve for use with a grenade launcher. Cylinder locks up tight as can be, rear sight is very snug with no wobble and the windage and elevation knobs work perfectly. It is perfectly sighted in since the last time I shot it. The trigger group does need a new triggerguard as the round lugs that keeps stock fit tight are worn. It's a $20 replacement at most, just never got around to doing it. Everything on the rifle is original. I checked the lug on the op rod and the op rod rail with a caliper. They are both well within specs and the op rod is well fitted to this rifle with no rubbing on the stock. Serial is 26121**

I hate to sell this rifle, but one must make sacrifices. I am asking $795 OBO. This is also listed at Gunboards and the surplusrifleforum.

Proud owner of a 1954 GMC Deuce and a half
Old 07-17-2010, 08:52 PM

PM sent.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:18 PM

I keep getting the same question so I should probably post it here. The barrel is of SA manufacture and dated Jan of 1953. Muzzle gauges to about a 2, don't know the throat wear but it is very sharp throughout. No frosting, mirror shine.
Handguard clip is smooth and not grooved. Stock is early Korean era.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:32 PM

Thank the lord! I don't have to sell the M1 afterall, no longer need the cash right away. The M1 is no longer for sale. I was going to cry if I had to box her up anyway.