Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2019, 09:18 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for the input regarding this topic. Returned yesterday afternoon from the New England Games. M1A barely made weight but was under the 9.3 lbs hard limit. Yeah, rules state 9.0 but in order to accommodate some stock SA's 9.3 was more reasonable. Otherwise my self-built M1A passed inspection and didn't get bumped to Unlimited. Shot a 'clean' in slow prone. Was off a little in rapids and awfulhand but good enough to get a solid bronze.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
M1A barely made weight but was under the 9.3 lbs hard limit. Yeah, rules state 9.0 but in order to accommodate some stock SA's 9.3 was more reasonable.
I'm confused. The rules say 9.0 but 9.3 is acceptable? Who is coming up with this stuff?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgman View Post
I'm confused. The rules say 9.0 but 9.3 is acceptable? Who is coming up with this stuff?
Yep, that's correct. My Bula M14 weighs 9.28 and passed. Whoever came up with it, it's definitely a positive development. There are too many stock M1A's that won't pass 9.0 lbs. 7.5 lbs for AR's is tough but do-able for those Lego guns, just swap parts. Shaving weight off of a M1A is a much more difficult proposition.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:57 AM

Two problems here: 1-making up rule changes at games events and 2-failing to get the rules book right in the first place. Good Shooting. ...
Old 09-25-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Heard that the 9.0lbs in the 2019 rulebook is a typo and in fact should have been 9.3lbs which is what SA Inc advertises on there website for the weight of there standard walnut M1A.

On a side note the NE Games in VT were excellent managed to squeak out a metal in every event ! looking forward to next year.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
Two problems here: 1-making up rule changes at games events and 2-failing to get the rules book right in the first place. Good Shooting. ...
Let me add a #3 - constantly changing the "focus" of the match.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Let me add a #3 - constantly changing the "focus" of the match.
It does seem to change every time they change the rules, doesn't it?