Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2016, 09:13 PM

I'd like to order a set, please. PM inbound.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:31 PM

Default I will take a set.

I will take a set. PM to follow.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Email sent for 1 set.

Got mine today, looking forward to reading these.
Thanks.

Last edited by bad-andy; 07-19-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM

By the way, summaries, stats, and graphics are available on a lot of websites--Paladin, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc., etc.

Kind of startling that the cover on THE COMPLETE M1 GARAND changed years ago and most of the sellers have not updated their graphics.

Last edited by jimthompson502002; 07-15-2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: data
Old 09-02-2016, 05:53 PM

New cover is a couple of years old. Latest updates got in back in July.

I have NO IDEA what the electronic versions are like. I am aware the one introduced on the "Kindle" thing was based upon the original, non-updated text from 1997. I had no input whatsoever, and as far as I can tell, receive no emoluments of any kind from the "digital" versions.

There have been over twenty updates and additions since then (actually, first major re-submission was 1996, ink date was 1997. Original form was done LONG before even that!!).

The photo captions, dimension, greasing guide, and so on are back in, or at least they WERE.

I have no idea if that "Kindle" version is still current. Reports I've heard suggest it might've been updated.

And I mean to update the reloading data very soon, but that's not been done yet. Obsolete powders were excised a while back.

Last edited by jimthompson502002; 12-01-2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: detail
Old 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM

Got some audit (book sales data) for the industry that's very interesting.

Not surprising, just interesting.

A few are available and "orderable".

Again: these are NOT industrial histories. That's been done to death.

And the very last updates/re-additions I'll ever do are not in place yet. They should be by next spring.

The CMP signatories should include some kind of Civilian Marksmanship data in the dedication, or I do the "vanilla" (ordinary) signature, without even recipients name, which I am told, in a few years, may enhance book collector resale value.

Ultimately, the details excised in '96 will mostly be back in.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:53 PM

Default set

if you have a set left, i would like one...
Old 12-01-2016, 09:40 PM

PM sent for 1 set.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:36 AM

Jim,
I'll take a set if still available.
Thanks, ILOG
Old 09-23-2017, 12:11 PM

After waiting for the other shoe to drop for quite some time, got a demise letter this morning signed by Sheila Conroy at Paladin Publishing. They are, after years of rumors, going "belly up".

This means my two practical history volumes (they are NOT industrial histories, and were NEVER intended to enter that very, very crowded field!), THE COMPLETE M1 GARAND and THE CLASSIC M1 GARAND, will shortly become "orphans".

That status, with almost two decades of sales behind them, six major and countless minor revisions and updates/upgrades, will surely be temporary.

My old machine gun book from 1989 has been revised/upgraded, and will apparently be back in ink some time soon.

But in the interim, I will try to pick up some more copies and make them available at the OLD price, if I can. That price was $45, inclusive, shipped, and d $7 additional for PRIORITY MAIL...but I am not sure I can honor that much beyond 10/10/2017.

Shipment of new volumes ceases toward the end of November 2017.

What ships MUST be the last revision. I will also not ship defectives, which was an issue in the 2011-2012 time frame. Over-inking, apparently.

They'll be autographed, briefly and simply.

Best to e-mail me, although I do try to check PM's hereon.

The editions I'd be making available would be the NEW ones:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156311...-eeTBNR-bDuDUB

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156311...-ef91Bt-ef91AK

I'd figured this was coming.

My books were never industrial histories, and I wanted the publisher to spell that out in the ads and literature. They never did. But who made what part one day in 1944 isn't part of these volumes. That field was very cluttered already. That was twenty years ago. It's even MORE cluttered now. My interests are in the rifle and their use and service/maintenance. There IS history, of course, and some of it is inherently industrial...but that's part of the practical applications toward which these tomes drove.

Mine were the first to discuss the Italian-produced rifles, and the first to mention the Tipo 1 and Tipo 2 rebuilds (they were ALL rebuilds!! There is no such thing as a "factory original". ), the imports by stateside supplier, the manufacturers, the specific developments and accuracy research postwar, and they were the only major missives to go to the National Match specifications and BEYOND for those who demand accuracy. Even included were quick fixes and detailed troubleshooting quite beyond what's in the other volumes, and without the parts peddler scams so often part of what's on the internet or in what few magazines still discuss anything produced before the last decade and not boasting current advertising. The tale of this rifle does NOT end when production and deliveries wound down in 1956, and indeed, the very best M1's use information developed considerably later.

Worldwide, sales of all books of all types are WAY down, even including fiction and tabletop photo books, and the issues with the electronic versions of these two seem to have not been addressed. The internet seems to be the driving source, but there are many other issues, too.

I'll find a new publisher and perhaps come out with an internal color version, albeit the M1 is hardly the most colorful firearm on the planet.

Contact me if interested.

AGAIN: E-mail off the drop-down works.

PM's supposedly get lost frequently.

Last edited by jimthompson502002; 09-24-2017 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo

Tags
books, paladin, set