Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Rootsy Rootsy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Posts: 1,891
Default

Got home about 4:30. 1000 rd cases of 40 S&W blazer, brass case - $340, LC head stamp federal xm855 - $145 / 300. Also 7.62x51, corrosive (mostly) AP, HXP, I think some Aquila 30 carbine. Lots of ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Ansirem Hunter Ansirem Hunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 746
Default

Did you note what the TE's for the NAVY M1' BR's were?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Rootsy Rootsy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Posts: 1,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirem Hunter View Post
Did you note what the TE's for the NAVY M1' BR's were?
There were two and I saw no tags on them.

Did note 4.6, 4.7, 5.5 and 5.6 HRA SGS rifles. Didn't look at many since I have two and was really there for ammunition, tools and parts. Ones I did hand were as beautiful as ever, did not see any LMR tubes but I only looked at a dozen. Not much traffic in the two hours I spend BSing and buying.

Did learn the '06 brass is whatever is used for proof firing rifles in Anniston. No idea on head stamps.

I left with a case of 40 S&W, 3 boxes of 855, a can of AP, a lovely no rack stamp UFH 10" bay in US scabbard, a box of enblocs, gas plug wrench and the last lower band in stock.

Last edited by Rootsy; 11-23-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Shomway Shomway is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,134
Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirem Hunter View Post
Did you note what the TE's for the NAVY M1' BR's were?
Was there about 2 weeks ago when there was 3 of the Navy's in the rack, and 2 measured 9 TE and the other was an 8 TE.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 PM
SouthSideScubaSteve SouthSideScubaSteve is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SW suburbs of Chicago (IL)
Posts: 525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
.... Also 7.62x51....Lots of ammo.
Do you recall if it was the 168gr Open Tip Match (200rds I think), 175gr OTM (240rds) or the 149gr M80 BALL (500rd on the eStore)??
__________________
SA# 3726562 is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

"High average velocity, with accompanying flat trajectory, is desirable, but no trajectory can ever be flat enough to compensate for bad marksmanship" - Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

“I have never understood why it is ‘greed’ to want to keep the money you’ve earned, but not greed to want to want to take somebody else’s money.” ~~Thomas Sowell
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Rootsy Rootsy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Posts: 1,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideScubaSteve View Post
Do you recall if it was the 168gr Open Tip Match (200rds I think), 175gr OTM (240rds) or the 149gr M80 BALL (500rd on the eStore)??
No idea whatsoever as I did not even look at it. Just saw it on the list they had and in the boxes on the shelf. I am sorry I cannot be of more help.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 AM
SouthSideScubaSteve SouthSideScubaSteve is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SW suburbs of Chicago (IL)
Posts: 525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
No idea whatsoever as I did not even look at it. Just saw it on the list they had and in the boxes on the shelf. I am sorry I cannot be of more help.
No worries, thanks!!
__________________
SA# 3726562 is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

"High average velocity, with accompanying flat trajectory, is desirable, but no trajectory can ever be flat enough to compensate for bad marksmanship" - Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

“I have never understood why it is ‘greed’ to want to keep the money you’ve earned, but not greed to want to want to take somebody else’s money.” ~~Thomas Sowell
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-24-2013, 09:40 AM
dpd3672 dpd3672 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
There were two and I saw no tags on them.

Did note 4.6, 4.7, 5.5 and 5.6 HRA SGS rifles. Didn't look at many since I have two and was really there for ammunition, tools and parts. Ones I did hand were as beautiful as ever, did not see any LMR tubes but I only looked at a dozen. Not much traffic in the two hours I spend BSing and buying.

Did learn the '06 brass is whatever is used for proof firing rifles in Anniston. No idea on head stamps.

I left with a case of 40 S&W, 3 boxes of 855, a can of AP, a lovely no rack stamp UFH 10" bay in US scabbard, a box of enblocs, gas plug wrench and the last lower band in stock.
I didn't notice the 4.6M, that one would have went home with me!

They must have restocked Friday night/Saturday...
__________________
Pictures, please; I live vicariously through the purchases of others...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Rootsy Rootsy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Posts: 1,891
Default

There were a few, backside of the rack parallel to the counter, entrance end.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM
dpd3672 dpd3672 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
There were a few, backside of the rack parallel to the counter, entrance end.
Yeah, those for sure weren't there on Friday. Lots of 4.7, but I was hoping to find a 4.6 or 5.4 and didn't see a single one.

Always a day off...

__________________
Pictures, please; I live vicariously through the purchases of others...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.