Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2015, 06:06 AM

Default M1 Garands at N. S.

Whats the deal about N. S. ? Seems like every time you look at the S.S. report . They always have a few SG's and FG's of each manufacture all the time and at unlimited amount you can buy up to your 12 count per year. Where as if N.S does happen to get a few in once in a blue moon, We're only allowed one of each and that's it? This is one of the reason's I haven't bought a M1 Garand from CMP in almost 2 years. It doesn't pay for me to drive a 11 hr round trip out and back for one rifle.What gives?Seems like the only N.S. reports are about the high price M1Cs'and D's that have been on the racks for ages. Do you think maybe we could have some M1's shipped our way to N.S., so us people up North could start being able to buy unlimited amounts of M1's again like back in the day? It would be nice??
Old 06-07-2015, 09:46 AM

They dont have them to send, or else it would be stocked.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:51 AM

I wouldn't trade my south store trip for anything and we are already planning another 16 hour trip soon. The stores are special places not just somewhere to buy rifles.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 06-07-2015, 09:54 AM

They do have them to send (else why would they have them at the SS?) but they never make it to the NS. I believe this is intentional on the part of CMP management. I will not speculate on the rationale.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:14 AM

For the umpteenth time, why would CMP spend the money to ship if the rifles sell out at the SS and by mail order? So yes I agree it is intentional and with good money sense behind it. Next question is now going to be "then why don't they close the ns?" Because they have their reasons like other products and the NM's.

BTW I have received some great rifles by mail, taking a chance.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 06-07-2015, 12:43 PM

For the umpteenth time, I would have to say there should be a more even split between the NS and the SS. Not everyone can afford the time nor expense to go to a store that is even farther away. There is "good money sense" behind that as well. Special place or not.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:16 PM

"Good money sense" Not for CMP ,if you run a business you do what is best for the business trying to fulfill every customers idea of what you should do is a recipe for failure and bankruptcy.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 06-07-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post
I wouldn't trade my south store trip for anything and we are already planning another 16 hour trip soon. The stores are special places not just somewhere to buy rifles.
I agree with you, the stores are special places, not just for rifles. But you have to have a inventory of rifles to go along with the accesseries and ammo. After a while people stop going to the N.S. because a person isn't going to drive a several hour trip to buy a handful ,of slings and a can of ammo.They want to be able to pick out their own M1 Garand Rifle.I just wish we had the old days back when I looked forward spending 2 to 3 thousand dollars at a time for nice rifles.
Infact it's a nice day, I think I'm going to shoot my Winchester M1 Garand today!! Later fella's
Old 06-07-2015, 01:22 PM

Default Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1garand1055 View Post
I agree with you, the stores are special places, not just for rifles. But you have to have a inventory of rifles to go along with the accesseries and ammo. After a while people stop going to the N.S. because a person isn't going to drive a several hour trip to buy a handful ,of slings and a can of ammo.They want to be able to pick out their own M1 Garand Rifle.I just wish we had the old days back when I looked forward spending 2 to 3 thousand dollars at a time for nice rifles.
Infact it's a nice day, I think I'm going to shoot my Winchester M1 Garand today!! Later fella's
Hit them where they ain't ,opps wrong sport.

I would like to see regular shipments of rifles to the NS as I live 6 hours from there but it evidently not in the cards.

Cooking pulled pork better go spice it up.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 06-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Or just go...