Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 06:42 PM

When I looked through the barreled receivers this morning... there was only one 5.8 in the whole bunch. The rest, like was stated above were WW2 vintage. I wonder if they are using the post war receivers for their rebuilt rifles with the new Criterion barrel.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM

About the HXP, I bought 4 cans earlier in the week (maybe Tuesday the 1st?). When I got home the other day I opened the cans and found that each can has ALL the bullets divided up in baggies, 20 per. Looks like all the bags have a small $9 sticker. I haven't gone any further yet (sorting). Just seemed strange.....

Anyone else find the same?

Maybe I won the Grand Prize (a correct count can of loose HXP!).
Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 PM

i was there weds last week and the few service grade springfields were not very exciting. I came home with a beat to hell winchester racker with holes in it for a grenade sight. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with it but i couldn't leave empty handed

FWIW i also didn't get a case and everytime i got there before or after the matches they were closed. I'm not worried about it let them save the $30 for something more worthwhile.

Last edited by Finch; 08-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StrikesNC View Post
About the HXP, I bought 4 cans earlier in the week (maybe Tuesday the 1st?). When I got home the other day I opened the cans and found that each can has ALL the bullets divided up in baggies, 20 per. Looks like all the bags have a small $9 sticker. I haven't gone any further yet (sorting). Just seemed strange.....

Are they still selling these cans for $90?

Matt
Old 08-07-2012, 02:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee88 View Post
Are they still selling these cans for $90?

Matt
They were as of Saturday and .223 Hornady Match for 200rds/$105...thats a $15 savings off their normal price of $120
Old 08-07-2012, 03:34 PM
GSM Master Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StrikesNC View Post

They were selling the HXP in bags of 20 each for $9 to competitors who shot in the JCG match on Saturday... perhaps they were readied for sales to us who shot the match.
Mike B
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 AM

Ok, got it. Makes sense.

I was on Rodriguez and never saw the HXP bags for sale (didn't need any though). Then of course, with 1200 or so Garand competitors, I'm surprised I saw anything beside a target ....
Old 08-08-2012, 10:33 AM

sales weren't at the range as far as I saw, but in the trailer outside the (CMP) store.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeet6 View Post
They were selling the HXP in bags of 20 each for $9 to competitors who shot in the JCG match on Saturday... perhaps they were readied for sales to us who shot the match.
Mike B
They ran out of what I guess the 20rnd repackaged boxes if they had them this year at all, I dont know. You can thank me for the plastic baggies, lol. Was there on Sat morning at 0530 and was second in line for ammo from the trailer. The gent in the trailer asked for 38 bucks and I was like, hang on, arent they $9/20? He said not the Hornady Match. Told him I wanted the $9 HXP and he said they were out of the packages. I told him nevermind and was gunna leave but one of the great ladies ran into the store and must have had a chat with someone in there. She then came out with a 200rnd can and began to count them out and put them in baggies. I'm glad I did. I trust my reloads but havent really accuracy checked them well and had heard that HXP was pretty accurate and I was more then I. Helped me post my best ever score of 242 with a miss and 5 during rapid.

I was wrong once but I was mistaken

Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice!

Not as Lean, Not as Mean but still a Marine!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 AM

I dropped in at the store yesterday (the 10th/Friday) and the $90 ammos were back up to $98. The special was only till the end of the CMP games. Garands aplenty - mostly lesser grades, with the 308/etc specials there and so on (as described above). Still a number of 22 BR's available, 3 chrome flavored 1917's, 3 krag BR's, none of the rumoredly soon-to-be 1903's and trapdoors on the racks there as yet...