Rock-Ola IwoJima bring back - REALLY!! 50 PICS Total...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetFuelBurner
    • Dec 2009

Sounds like a GREAT adventure!!!! Cant wait to see your after action report!!

Comment

• 6kidsdad
      • Feb 2012

Thanks for updating this thread. Sounds like it would be an honor to go.

Comment

• Nevinator
        • Dec 2017

Wow! That will be an incredible trip and a once in a lifetime opportunity to walk the same ground that your grandfather did three-quarters of a century ago! I look forward to reading your trip report.
        First Sergeant, Retired, U.S. Army
        Retired LEO
        VFW Life Member
        NRA Life Member
        From Conroe, TX.

Comment

• propjetprop
          • Feb 2013

I spent the day putting together this PowerPoint presentation to bring to Iwo Jima with me to share with the veterans that still live and their families. This is the story of my grandfather... The M1, Arisaka 99, sword, flag and uniform...

It is in the google drive cloud, so the link will probably tell you too large to view... just click download to view... its a MS PowerPoint file. Copy and paste the link below!

Enjoy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qTm...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• TwoGunChuck
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HunterTN View Post
            This is correct. But too often it seems there's a PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN crowd that dismisses these stories outright without blood oath affidavits, Gen. MacArthur's approval, carbon dating on the sand in the stock, etc...If you don't believe the story, ok don't believe it. But don't get on here and call some guy a con artist and his family member a liar.
            Agree. Sometimes these stories are easily falsified -- like the "M1917 WWI bring-back" on Gunbroker that had a JA WWII barrel, or the WWII "bring-back" M1 Carbines that have obviously gone through post-war rebuild. Even then, it doesn't necessarily mean the guy with the story is a con artist or an intentional liar. Maybe grandpa told his grandson "This is the gun I used in the war," meaning "This is the type of gun I used in the war," and the grandson (who is not a firearms collector) took it to mean the gun was a bring-back.

If you can clearly falsify the story, that's one thing. But if you can't, and you just don't believe the story, then don't believe it, and let it go. You've got no skin in the game anyway. (The story told on this thread is interesting and pretty believable, though.)
            Last edited by TwoGunChuck; 01-24-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Nevinator
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by propjetprop View Post
              I spent the day putting together this PowerPoint presentation to bring to Iwo Jima with me to share with the veterans that still live and their families. This is the story of my grandfather... The M1, Arisaka 99, sword, flag and uniform...

It is in the google drive cloud, so the link will probably tell you too large to view... just click download to view... its a MS PowerPoint file. Copy and paste the link below!

Enjoy

Nice presentation and tribute to your grandfather.
              First Sergeant, Retired, U.S. Army
              Retired LEO
              VFW Life Member
              NRA Life Member
              From Conroe, TX.

Comment

• RedSpecial
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by propjetprop View Post

Enjoy

Thanks for sharing. I will look at it this evening. I’m happy you are able to be a part of this Iwo Jima tour. Seems like an outstanding opportunity and I’m turning green with envy.
                - Neil

My Feedback thread

Looking for SA M1 2417731 - its out there, the CMP sold it in 2012!

Comment

• ACampComLegacy
                  Banned
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by tenOC View Post
                  Rick. You're an astute observer. Seems to be a rarity today. There's Black and also White, and certainly a much larger Gray area that nobody is disputing. Most people have heard, "Abe Lincoln slept here".
                  I DO have a Uniontown PA Newspaper article about Lincoln's visit there, with ancestors. He was a 1st cousin of paternal grandmother's maternal grandmother.

Comment

Working...
                  X