Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2018, 09:08 PM

Default CMP Oklahoma Games 2019 - Cancelled and to be rescheduled

On Facebook the CMP said
Quote:
We are moving our October match (Western Matches) to March - postponing it for 5 months. We plan on having Oklahoma in October every year & Western in March every year but our Competitions Department is working on finalizing the Oklahoma matches
Also saw that the 2019 OK Games have been cancelled to be rescheduled at a later date.

Anybody have any other information on why they are changing? Any thoughts on the Oklahoma Games being held in October instead of April?

I'm looking for the bright side to the change. One person thought the weather would be better in both locations at the new times. It might be for Phoenix but I'm not convinced for Oklahoma. October in Oklahoma always seems to be wet. April can have some wild swings in weather but also has a lot of nice days.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:01 AM

Wind or wet, if I go, the E-targets won't work. :/
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara
Old 10-26-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I'm looking for the bright side to the change. One person thought the weather would be better in both locations at the new times. It might be for Phoenix but I'm not convinced for Oklahoma. October in Oklahoma always seems to be wet. April can have some wild swings in weather but also has a lot of nice days.
Just shot their Regional pistol match at OKC last weekend. Could not have asked for better weather. Cool, very little wind, sunny.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:24 PM

I hope the change works out. Several of the guys I have shot with in the past say they probably won't attend if it is held in October.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC_Jim View Post
I hope the change works out. Several of the guys I have shot with in the past say they probably won't attend if it is held in October.
I would be curious to see how many show up to shoot the EIC matches, since a lot of them will have used up their max number during the year. We had just enough for one leg at the Regional for the Service Pistol and .22 match, as well as the NRA DR match.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
I would be curious to see how many show up to shoot the EIC matches, since a lot of them will have used up their max number during the year.
That didn't occur to me. So far I've only shot in games matches. Now I'm curious about EIC attendance too.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:24 AM

Being just north of Phoenix, I like the change for the Western Games. March in Phoenix is usually mid-70s, compared to mid-80s or hotter on average in October. And not that rain is really ever a major concern, its even less of a concern in March. Phoenix was flooded with feet of water just a week before the Western Games this year.

And being that my 2019 scheduled planned for one or two LEG matches in the fall, it makes it more likely for me to venture to the Oklahoma Games next October. Hope to see you all there.