Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2015, 08:13 AM

Orest at least answered some redundant questions with a link to a answer or had a attempt at some humor for bad questions....
What ever happened to "there is no such thing as a stupid question"
I think cmp forum members are pretty good at self regulating some of the questions.
If we see a question that we could address with a link to the answers then we should.
The search function does not always work for me when trying to find info.

Ditching the forum is in mind not smart. I do believe the forum provides a good amount of info and must add sales on cmp end. Which is high on their list I would think.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:05 AM

Concur on search function. Sometimes it works - sometimes not and I usually try and search for something generic like IHC and the. Weed through the posts. Doesn't always work.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel 1434 View Post
Concur on search function. Sometimes it works - sometimes not and I usually try and search for something generic like IHC and the. Weed through the posts. Doesn't always work.
Search works most of the time.

Three letter searchs do not work, i.e. IHC, HRA etc.

But they do if you do: IHC**, HRA**.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 08-31-2015, 04:04 PM

Default Answer our questions!

Maybe the CMP should lock out members from responding to questions asked in the "Ask CMP" sub-forum. Although I've found useful info posted there, isn't kind of disrespectful to answer a question that was addressed to someone else?

Just like many other institutions, the CMP has a chain of command. Shouldn't questions be addressed with a subordinate first before going straight to the top? Customer service, custom shop, competitions, etc... they all have email addresses listed on the CMP website.

If you really have something that needs Mr. Johnson's attention, his business email address is a matter of public record. I have only used it once, and emailed him on a weekend. He responded within an hour or two of business opening on the following Monday. I think that's pretty darn quick! Could've just been my experience... I don't know.

CMP management has recently stated (at least regarding the marketplace) that this forum is not part of their mission. If we make this forum a PITA for them they'll shut it down, and none of us wants to see that.

I haven't even been a member of this forum for a year now and I've already lost track of how many times I've seen postings of "Mark vs. Orest" or "This would have never happened with O" or something else that constitutes Johnson bashing. I for one have seen enough of it. Lets leave the man alone to do his job, which does not include responding to this forum.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperjock22 View Post
Maybe the CMP should lock out members from responding to questions asked in the "Ask CMP" sub-forum. Although I've found useful info posted there, isn't kind of disrespectful to answer a question that was addressed to someone else?

Just like many other institutions, the CMP has a chain of command. Shouldn't questions be addressed with a subordinate first before going straight to the top? Customer service, custom shop, competitions, etc... they all have email addresses listed on the CMP website.

If you really have something that needs Mr. Johnson's attention, his business email address is a matter of public record. I have only used it once, and emailed him on a weekend. He responded within an hour or two of business opening on the following Monday. I think that's pretty darn quick! Could've just been my experience... I don't know.

CMP management has recently stated (at least regarding the marketplace) that this forum is not part of their mission. If we make this forum a PITA for them they'll shut it down, and none of us wants to see that.

I haven't even been a member of this forum for a year now and I've already lost track of how many times I've seen postings of "Mark vs. Orest" or "This would have never happened with O" or something else that constitutes Johnson bashing. I for one have seen enough of it. Lets leave the man alone to do his job, which does not include responding to this forum.
I think I understand.

Email the right person.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 08-31-2015, 04:25 PM

Default Questions

I asked about AMC Classes and schedule for 2016 so maybe I could put it on a calendar for planning/watching/preparing. No response! Unimportant? Right there with the education/training mandate. Maybe it was too early to ask, but funds need to be saved/allocated, time needs to be allotted etc. Hey even just a heads up to watch for an announcement later. How long does that take? Maybe there aren't going to be anymore classes, who knows. Would be nice to at least have a clue as to future plans.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceberry View Post
I asked about AMC Classes and schedule for 2016 so maybe I could put it on a calendar for planning/watching/preparing. No response! Unimportant? Right there with the education/training mandate. Maybe it was too early to ask, but funds need to be saved/allocated, time needs to be allotted etc. Hey even just a heads up to watch for an announcement later. How long does that take? Maybe there aren't going to be anymore classes, who knows. Would be nice to at least have a clue as to future plans.
I asked some questions about 2016 AMC last week, got a response less than 8 hours later. The proper email address is listed on the AMC page of CMP's website. It's at the bottom under the heading of "FOR MORE INFORMATION"

http://thecmp.org/training-tech/adva...tenance-class/
Old 08-31-2015, 04:36 PM

Default efficiency

Sure seems like it would be far more efficient to answer one post read by 250 individuals rather than want to answer 250 individual emails, but hey, if that's how things work around here then so be it.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:35 PM

Members with accurate information can handle most of these questions before the moderators see them. That will help as most of us like to help others here. Locking everyone out is counter productive.

Some questions are going unanswered, but it maybe due to lack of a good or accurate response. Like the new matches at Talladega, they have said these are new and somewhat trial on the timeline.

So everyone, employee or not, has a valid opinion and sometimes facts.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
Maybe the CMP changed its employee internet usage policy?

Outside of new competition rule proposals, what questions arent being answered that havent been asked 100 times before? Rumor mill says the whole forum might go away anyway.
by far the most efficient thing that could happen. Moderators could go about their regular business and bandwidth would be saved thereby getting CMP out of the charity business.

spoonfeeding answers to every spurious, redundant question is not a good business model. it just feeds the entitlement of Forum users.

CMP gives more than it receives maintaining this website.

ID is not my rifle's s/n