Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2019, 05:23 PM

Default Carbine values

I am wanting to add a carbine to my collection. But where do I find a good reference on value? I tried messing g with them a few years ago and got burned. Way over paid for an import marked carbine. ( didn’t know and didn’t even know where to look) some times I wish the price things sold for here was left on the add as a reference to others of the current market.
I’ve also tried watching gunbroker but it seems even junk guns sell way to high. And what about import stamps? How much does it hurt value?

Last edited by paintman; 01-09-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:55 PM

When I sell a part or firearm, I give a 100% refund, all you risk is the return shipping.
I do not know of any one else that does that.
If I ship an item in error, I even refund your return shipping to me. In this case, I eat the cost of shipping twice. I do this because, it is an incentive for me to ship nice goods, not junk. In the past ten years, I have had to refund return shipping twice.
The point is to know your seller and will he stand behind his item?
My mess is not cheap but if you are looking for something, let me know.
My rule is an import stamped carbine deducts about $ 100.00 to $ 150.00 from the price of an equal conditioned non-import stamped carbine. However, there are some people who will not buy an import stamped carbine.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:29 PM

im Really not sure what Iím looking for. Iím not really into guns I canít shoot for fear I may scratch it. But also donít want a piece of crap. What is the average price for say a service grade inland or standard products?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:51 PM

A decent Inland should be about $8-900 give or take! IMHO
Old 01-09-2019, 06:58 PM

In round numbers, an Inland would start at $ 900 to $ 1,000 for a nice non-import.
A SP would be about $ 200.00 more.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:00 PM

800-900 is a good mark for an Inland with no import marking. I see them at local shows asking $850.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:17 PM

That carwashchris guy looks like he's selling stuff. Check him. For better prices on Garands and Carbines look at some sites like AR-15 or The Firing Line.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:09 PM

I have heard good things from people I know on here that have bought from 6 ring, so maybe ask him if he has one to sell or do a WTB on the marketplace here. If you don't know a lot and aren't planning on doing a bunch or research (which is usually a good idea), this forum would be where I would buy from myself, just because I have always had good experiences here. I found an IBM carbine at a local gun store last summer and posted pictures on here. The guys on the forum gave me the green light on the price and I picked it up. I was happy with what I got.

Tom
Old 01-10-2019, 09:37 AM

I would like to own a carbine or garand but I simply do not know all the parts and mfr's id's and don't expect to tear one apart at a gun show to really know what I am getting for my money. As for any day shooting, I have a mini 14 and mini 30 that are way less expensive than an unknown condition carbine some huckster is trying to pawn off at a gun show.
I do have a ww1 colt and a ww2 Rem bought long ago in good to very condition. I also have a 03A3 and a Trapdoor purchased at very low prices.
I do go to a lot of gun shows and the same guys have the same carbines for years trying to get absurd prices for them.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:51 PM

I had mini 15 years before I got a carbine. Soon after that the mini 15 went away. I could not stand the blast.