Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 01:11 PM

.I can't help it.....I'm a sympathetic cryer.

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 10-05-2018, 03:00 PM

Default Feedback

Sandy,
While I respect your opinion I must disagree. First let me say it was never my intention to insult anyone. With that said I will be the first to admit that I have low patience for having to answer the same question numerous times no matter how it was asked, ie: why can't I use an 08 FFL it is just as good as the others, why do I need 2 NICs done I always pass, Do I send my packet to CMP 1911, 1800 Roberts or CMP 1911 Sales 1800 Roberts, Really do I really have to have the 2A notarized, I have purchased numerous rifles and all my information is in your computer already, Why do I have to use CMP1911 forms and not just the CMP Forms,? I am sorry but after the 1000th time it gets very old and these are just some of the questions we have gotten here on the forum, by email and by phone. One problem is people go to the CMP(rifle) email/phones and ask these questions and the people there are not as familiar with the 1911 program as those that work here. When it was first suggested that we add a sub forum for the 1911's, we were told no as it would be to much trouble. I however felt we should and did so. I am sorry but I can't help it that some people can't read and follow instructions, with the acceptation of requiring an FFL with packet it is the same as for rifle sales. As to rules changing in the middle again I disagree, it is clearly stated one order packet per customer, as was stated in the forum people have already tried to scam the system with more than one order. Again I ask if the "envelope contains 2-3 orders and one number is assigned to the envelope who get the number and who is left out? Could we have been clearer yes I guess we could have, but we didn't think we had to go into such minute detail. To us one packet is one envelope. People are assuming this is like what was done with the carbines/ special rifle sales and it is not. Everyone expects CMP 1911 to do the same thing as CMP(rifles) and we can not. We have a whole NEW set of rules we have to follow and if you think ya'll have to jump through hoops you should see what we have to jump through. People have to understand whether they want to or not that CMP 1911 is not CMP(rifle). As to the 4A you are mistaken in that it is only for the customer "courtesy" the people in sales use it also. Again people assumed since it was ok to leave out in rifle sale it was ok with 1911s. Yes I went to higher and we are accepting packets without the 4A.
As to the question of notifying everyone of their number, we will I can not give a specific time frame because we don't know. If I did I would share the information, I am being honest as I can be. This is new to us too, and is a learning experience. Will we do things different next time? Damn right, we have learned a lot and as the process continues will learn more. feel free to PM me if you wish to continue the discussion.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:12 PM

Personally, I hate the new rules. I mean, it's unfair that someone that sent in an order packet has a better chance of getting a 1911 than does someone like me, who didn't send one it.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:13 PM

New organization, new rules.

Not all from the CMP.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Sandy,
While I respect your opinion I must disagree. First let me say it was never my intention to insult anyone. With that said I will be the first to admit that I have low patience for having to answer the same question numerous times no matter how it was asked, ie: why can't I use an 08 FFL it is just as good as the others, why do I need 2 NICs done I always pass, Do I send my packet to CMP 1911, 1800 Roberts or CMP 1911 Sales 1800 Roberts, Really do I really have to have the 2A notarized, I have purchased numerous rifles and all my information is in your computer already, Why do I have to use CMP1911 forms and not just the CMP Forms,? I am sorry but after the 1000th time it gets very old and these are just some of the questions we have gotten here on the forum, by email and by phone. One problem is people go to the CMP(rifle) email/phones and ask these questions and the people there are not as familiar with the 1911 program as those that work here. When it was first suggested that we add a sub forum for the 1911's, we were told no as it would be to much trouble. I however felt we should and did so. I am sorry but I can't help it that some people can't read and follow instructions, with the acceptation of requiring an FFL with packet it is the same as for rifle sales. As to rules changing in the middle again I disagree, it is clearly stated one order packet per customer, as was stated in the forum people have already tried to scam the system with more than one order. Again I ask if the "envelope contains 2-3 orders and one number is assigned to the envelope who get the number and who is left out? Could we have been clearer yes I guess we could have, but we didn't think we had to go into such minute detail. To us one packet is one envelope. People are assuming this is like what was done with the carbines/ special rifle sales and it is not. Everyone expects CMP 1911 to do the same thing as CMP(rifles) and we can not. We have a whole NEW set of rules we have to follow and if you think ya'll have to jump through hoops you should see what we have to jump through. People have to understand whether they want to or not that CMP 1911 is not CMP(rifle). As to the 4A you are mistaken in that it is only for the customer "courtesy" the people in sales use it also. Again people assumed since it was ok to leave out in rifle sale it was ok with 1911s. Yes I went to higher and we are accepting packets without the 4A.
As to the question of notifying everyone of their number, we will I can not give a specific time frame because we don't know. If I did I would share the information, I am being honest as I can be. This is new to us too, and is a learning experience. Will we do things different next time? Damn right, we have learned a lot and as the process continues will learn more. feel free to PM me if you wish to continue the discussion.
You sir, have the patience of Job! Thanks for keeping us informed.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Claws View Post
I have been a supporter of the CMP for quite some time. I have followed along with the organization, have done my volunteer time with them, and spent oodles of money on the offerings. Despite some hiccups at times, one could count on the CMP to "make things right". They were a good-natured group and were respectful at the worst of times.

When the news of the 1911 sales came to be, I expected no less than what the organization has done with any of their other sales. I understand that jumping through several more government hoops would be a challenge, but one I had faith the CMP could handle with their typical patience.

HOWEVER, right out of the gate it seemed the one chosen to communicate with customers on the forum was ill suited to the task, and in no time acted like he was overburdened and repeatedly tossed toxicity toward those asking questions. Complete absence of tact. Put in a position to be the mouth of the 1911 sales, the tone was of being bothered with the task of answering questions. When questions were actually answered, they are often delivered with spite and in a couple cases contradicted what the website showed or decisions made by higher ups. On one hand being loathe to actually answer questions clearly, on the other hand acting miffed that lacking actionable intel people would speculate and make educated guesses when having discussions.

In regard to the sales process itself it truly appears that it is being made up as the process goes on. 13 days into the acceptance of packets, it was suddenly announced on the forum that it was decided that multiple order packets in the same packaging would disqualify both packets. I can only imagine how this would crush those who went through all of the effort and were willing to spend a not small amount of money, only to have the policy changed to disqualify them outright.

As far as being contacted with one's drawing number (as it states on the website), a clear answer as to if that would be happening prior to being notified to choose a pistol grade was simply answered:
As much a non-answer as cmp1911admin could come up with. This is just one example of a very clear question that could have been answered clearly, but it was not.

The issue suddenly after years of orders sent without page 4A for rifles, as 4A was simply (and written in the small print) a customer courtesy for gathering needed documents. Nowhere in the small print numbered "instruction" was it stated that 4A needed to be sent in (with a nod to the top of 4A that said to include it, which mirrors the rifle page). The answer to questions about why it would suddenly be a requirement and something if left out would disqualify orders was met with "The CMP and CMP1911 are not the same thing" and "you had 90 days to do it right". That DQ status was walked back, to the relief of many.

In any event, the overall tone of the 1911 sales has been in a word "toxic" on both sides of the process. It is clear people are walking on eggshells in the 1911 subfoum, afraid to rile up the trolls or to anger the one employee there to be the one communicating for CMP1911. Those who are quick to point out that the CMP is not the same as CMP1911 should keep in mind that the latter are spending all the good will that the former have earned over the decades.

There it is. Just one guy's observations and feedback.
My confidence in the organization has been shaken.
I think it is absolutely terrible that the instructions and the web site was not designed to meet your approval!!
Old 10-05-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanw View Post
No where on page 4A does it say you need to include 4A in the packet and I mailed off on the 5th. I will be pretty miffed if I'm disqualified.
Top of the page, say to include!!
Old 10-05-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanw View Post
No where on page 4A does it say you need to include 4A in the packet and I mailed off on the 5th. I will be pretty miffed if I'm disqualified.
From CMP1911 ADMIN : " As to the 4A you are mistaken in that it is only for the customer "courtesy" the people in sales use it also. Again people assumed since it was ok to leave out in rifle sale it was ok with 1911s. Yes, I went to higher and we are accepting packets without the 4A."
Relax! Your world will not end today.

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 10-05-2018, 04:06 PM

I like that not a single pistol has shipped and the sales process is already declared a disaster.

Monday is the first day I printed the order form and instructions. I read ALL the instructions just like they taught us in 3rd grade. All the things people say aren’t in the instructions are clearly there, some in font that can be read from several yards away. It says one packet per customer, it says include the 4a, it says include the FFL, it says not to send before 9/4 or after 10/4. If you couldn’t understand the instructions I’m with others on here that maybe you shouldn’t be operating firearms. If you screw up the order process you’re just out a few bucks, if you ignore safety or firearm instructions the consequences can be a bit more dire.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJ50 View Post
There is a rumor that several people will be committing Ritual Suicide [Seppuku, (Japanese: “self-disembowelment”)also called hara-kiri, also spelled harakiri, the honourable method of taking one's own life practiced by men of the samurai (military) class in feudal Japan], at the CMP parking lot this evening at 1800.
Whether this ceremony will be performed by M1911 employees, CMP management, unhappy forum posters, whiners, gripers, trolls, or people who just want to join in the festivity is unknown at this time.
In any event, the usual commentary should continue from the 10% who are NEVER happy about anything.
Signup sheet will be posted near the main entrance.
I do expect to be flamed by the usual suspects.
*There will be snacks and an open bar for observers.
**I am hoping to get a low number, if the Generator picks me!
They better not be using M1905 16" bayonets! Those things bring serious money on the auction site.