Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Phil is awesome. Super nice guy. The CMP does an excellent job of hiring high quality personnel. I have had nothing but exceptional experiences with them.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:51 PM

I used to work for a shipping company. The emphasis is on speed, not care. There were some guys who would just wreck stuff. One guy was fired for stomping on Gibson Guitars and breaking them. I guess he said to a few guys before they caught him it was because he couldn't afford one.

I did have a few occations when boxes broke open to take a few guitars for test drives to make sure they weren't 'harmed.' I hated to have to box them back up to ship em' out. One was a beautiful Gibson Custom.

Sorry, a little off track. Just know that stuff gets thrown around a lot.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 10-16-2010, 09:17 AM

Gorillas are a protected species, sir.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:19 PM

I had the same thing happen and I believe that to do that kind of damage with the force it would take that it had to be intensional.

Emmett
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Yesterday I received from CMP by way of FED EX my new hard case. Here are a copule of pics. I was lucky that I only ordered a hard case. What if it had been a Rusty Kimber where they don't ship in a hard case.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Yep, that looks familiar! I doubt an M1 would have come out undamaged from that box. I would guess a roll up door closed on it?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD69 View Post
Yep, that looks familiar! I doubt an M1 would have come out undamaged from that box. I would guess a roll up door closed on it?
Nope. That one was thrown. It hit something and crushed the end of the box. Stuff is thrown all of the time. I toured UPS once. They throw everything into a semi truck. Emphisis is on speed, not care. They throw everything LOOSE into a truck. It is a mess. I know, I have seen it. I didn't end up taking the job, but I did work for a company at an airport in Northwest Ohio. If something didn't fit on a plane, guys punched it until it did. If an item couldn't fit in the hold of a DC-8 or 727, it was smashed so it could. Boxes were destroyed, product destroyed on a nightly basis. Guys laughed about it. I know, I worked there.

They don't care. They are just boxes to them. Make sure when you ship something, you pack it REALLY well.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--

Last edited by kilroywashere; 11-05-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:05 PM

That's what you call a-holes of the World.Just remember when A-holes does damage like that to your stuff, it all falls back on them later in life. Something nice that they order someday will come to their place all smashed up. If I was an employer and I saw someone smash my customers stuff on purpose and then laugh about it, he would no longer have a job and charges would be brought against him.Theres no call for that kind of stuff happening!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:08 AM

If this was a shipping issue did you address your concerns with them? Just curious.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:08 AM

I work in transportation and can tell you that this stuff happens a lot! Our clients are big importers and the military (crated HHGs), so we have to be really respectful of the merchandise or we will lose their business. FedEx and UPS don't really have that problem as the mass of their business is individual shipments. But I remember a new forklift driver once who was trying to get the last row of freight to fit in the back of a trailer. It was sticking out about three inches and the doors wouldn't close. He rammed the wall of boxes with a stack of pallets. The cartons burst. They were full of golf balls. Golf balls everywhere! The boss made him recover them all and recoup the boxes. It took him three hours. Then the boss fired him. I hope he's not working for FedEx. I'm waiting on an HRA!