Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousegun View Post
Definie is one of my favorite people.
+1 She is great to work with.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 PM

Years ago I received a SA 5.79 Collector Grade....with the front 5" of muzzle & gas cylinder cleanly punched through the end of the cardboard CMP box....

All was well though, as it somehow magically escaped any harm, and it's actually a beautiful, like-new rifle...man I was sweating that one...
Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 PM

Default Good service

I had one of those good happening with CMP also. Recieved a M1D with the oversized hole for the scope mount. After a very short run around, Phil New also answered the bell. He helped me out and not only put a new barrel mount on but cleaned up the rifle with a little matching wood and it looked like a million. Great job!!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM

Phil New is a good guy, helped me out with a carbine stock problem that was borderline "iffy" as to whether it was really "my" problem or "CMP's" problem (he made it "CMP's" problem and then made it right by me). I almost hate to comment, because it may help to increase Phil's work load, and be maybe too much encouragement for the "squeaky wheels". With the thousands of firearms that CMP sells, all used with an individually unique history, of course there will be a few "oopsies" that sneak through their screening processes. In a few cases, a return may perhaps come back to the purchaser with the problem still intact (no personal experience, just from what I read). If so, just get Phil on the horn, and I imagine that will be the eventual end of the problem. (Sorry, Phil! )
Old 12-11-2010, 08:39 PM

same thing happened to me the last CMP rifle I got. Muzzle through the box and busted stock. Called the CMP and had a beautiful stock at my door step a week or so later.

Things happen...