Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2010, 07:40 PM

I emailed on monday, no response yet. They are swamped. I talked to customer service today too with no issue. Why they did the bayos and the D accs. at the same time is beyond me, but they are working on straightening it out...
Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 AM

Where's your Christmas Spirit 39chevy. Would you rather listen to some !@#$%^&* Rap Crap then some Beautiful Christmas Carols to put you in the Holiday Mood ???? LoL The Christmas Carols are to calm you guys down while your waiting for one of those Nice Southern Belles to take your complaint from Customer Service. I met the girls while I was there in October volunteering . They are all very nice and very pleasant!!!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:09 AM

actually I was quite content to listen to the canned voice telling me..you are # 12 etc etc...Christmas carols are fine..but what was playing was LOUD..SCREECHY >>SCRATCHY stuff..sorta like an old 8 track that had been cut and spliced a kazillion times..and in my humble opinion..the rap crap is NOT music of any sorts..let the arrows fly
Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 AM

All of you please STOP CALLING the CMP and let them do their job without useless interruptions. Wait your turn. They always get back to emails, if not immediately.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Great people, outdated equipment.
+1. I've had nothing but the greatest experience with CMP customer service and the armorers especially. When my HRA Service Grade Garand came I was in shock what an excellent rifle I received. I couldn't be more happy. Perfect correct stock with excellent markings....1 problem.

FEDEX trashed the rifle around and busted the rear sight apeture. CMP customer service gave me the number to one of there armorers and he hand selected me a a complete rear sight assembly (HRA) and shipped me not only the apeture, but the entire assembly without me even having to send in my rifle. I was able to speak with him whenever I called to give me advice on installing it.

My experience with CMP has been great!!!! All I can say "bad" about them is that I cannot believe a modern organization such as CMP can be so behind the times when it comes to there software/equipment....even the forum options are limited compared to others. The E-store is a joke. The amounts of crashes the forum/estore/everything is really unacceptable.

Besides that....I love CMP and will gladly put up with outdated "means of doing business" for as long as they still have products I want.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:56 PM

If someone is THAT unhappy with dealing with the CMP I guess they could go buy what they're looking for at a commercial establishment. Oh, they don't have the items the CMP is offering or not at the price the CMP is offering, you say? Hmmm...Guess the CMP is holding all the cards.

The CMP has provided me with the opportunity to purchase two Remington 40X rifles at prices that border on the insane. They could make me hold for days while beating me with socks filled with cow dung and I'd thank them and send them cookies.

I was ready to drive from Cleveland OH to Anniston AL just for the chance to buy my USMC 40X.
The expressions of ingratitude I've read on these forums recently are absolutely breath-taking. Shame, shame, shame.
The CMP isn't a normal store. In fact there's hardly anything like it in the whole wide world. Get some perspective people!
Slaves don't dream of being free. They dream of being masters. ~ August Stetten
Old 12-07-2010, 01:27 PM

Now that's funny!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:31 PM

ThanksPrez and here is a REMINDER!

The product that the CMP sells is not new and 50+ years old. They have no control of the quality until way after the fact. I buy my limit every year. Most times I get what I paid for plus. I keep the best (1/3), give good ones to family and worthy causes (1/3) and sell the clunkers for what I paid for them, sometimes breaking one down for parts. I have been with the CMP almost since the beginning.

P.S. I NEVER call them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
All of you please STOP CALLING the CMP and let them do their job without useless interruptions. Wait your turn. They always get back to emails, if not immediately.
I seriously don't think that calling customer service is a useless interruption to find out if they got my paperwork done when I am about to drive 8 hours one way, spend 3 nights in a hotel on my own dime and volunteer in their warehouse.

Granted they aren't in charge of the volunteer program but they could have told me that the person in charge was out of the office for a little while.

People call for all kinds of reasons. Not just to check on the status of their orders.

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed
Old 12-07-2010, 08:38 PM

I consider being able to purchase items from the CMP a privilege, not a right. I've always been more than pleased with any product that I have received from them. They're wonderful people and I feel fortunate that they provide the products to us that they do.