Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
I see a guy at the local gun shows here that shoots on the camp perry team from here and he is selling SG Special Grands at every gun show and asks 1500.00 for them so he bought them just to sell them i guess, when i asked him about it he does not answer me just smiles

I see plenty of people "Asking" but no one is buying, only Milsurps that are moving seem to be in line with CMP prices.

From my experience, CMP doesnt get a bad rap cause of the products, they get bashed cause of the butt kissing, Kool-Aid Crowd that seem to dominate some of the topics!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM

Default it,s a good thing

I used to tell people to join the CMP and not pay the crazy prices at the gunshops and gun shows. However, joining the CMP would require effort ( minimal) and that is too much like work. I have sold some CMP Garands and ammo to fellow shooters, but not at my price. Once they ask to buy one, I tell them what the CMP charges and how easy the process is. This is usually followed by" I dont want to wait, what will you sell it to me for?". I f I like this particular shooter I will sell it to them but they pay a special tax that I call" I am lazy, can't wait and have more money than common sense." This is a special tax that has enabled me to add several very nice and collectable Garands to a collection that started out as Service grades. However the ray of sunshine is that Garand owners like to shoot in Garand matches and the more Garand shooters there are the better.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 PM

A lot of People that I have talked to have never Heard of the CMP,or it's Mission.I have told Quite a few People about Them,and what They do.Hopefully I've steered a few that way.
Ryan
Old 12-31-2010, 12:37 PM

Yep, I had a Pawn shop owner tell me this morning that there used to be many Garands available but that there weren't any Garands left so I needed to buy his "rare" find! It was a $995 FG.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:46 PM

What does this have to do with the NS?

I had a gentlemen at the range monday tell me that all the CMP had was "greek junk" this summer. I didn't run to the board and post about it.

You guys need to get over other people's opinions. That's all they are, opinions.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheep View Post
What does this have to do with the NS?

I had a gentlemen at the range monday tell me that all the CMP had was "greek junk" this summer. I didn't run to the board and post about it.

You guys need to get over other people's opinions. That's all they are, opinions.

You think that is interesting redheep? Then...read this one.

http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77
Old 12-31-2010, 02:09 PM

Hey nam67-69 better watch the CMP Police rats will be rating you out to Orest for putting that Special " I am Lazy and can't wait tax on your CMP Garands. I don't care what you do, but there's cry babies on here that cry when they hear someone made an Honest dollar off of a CMP Rifle they got rid of.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:28 PM

I LOVE stories like this. It means the CMP will continue to offer great deals.

Surprisingly, I had a shop owner who told me to become a member of the CMP. He is a Garand 'Junkie', owning many. Let the sheep continue to purchase CMP rifles at gun shows for a large mark up and leave the deals to me.

I have NEVER seen a rifle like mine at a gun shop for less than $900. As far as the correct H & R I have, they start at $1500.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 12-31-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
You think that is interesting redheep? Then...read this one.

http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77
I'm with you. While a relative newcomer to this particular message board, I've been visiting various boards about lots of things for a long time. I've never been to one that has 2 moderators and runs relatively rampant like this one.

If it's not someone complaining about why their bayonet order is taking so long, it's someone complaining about people selling stuff they bought from CMP for a profit.

My only point is that if you're going to create a thread just to stimulate chit chat, do it in the right place.

Of course, the reason forums get busy in the winter is because of the weather. Happens on every forum I visit. When it gets nice and sunny out, people will head back to the range and they won't be here creating drama.

Live and let live.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:19 PM

I've noticed that most gun shop owners/employees are into modern weapons. Its a business and only 1 out of 10 I've met are into guns themselves as any sort of hobby. Might be where i live because south florida is mostly into black rifles and CCW/self defense weapons.

Anyway, unless it is a collectors show or friends, i tend to keep my opinion to myself in a gun store. They don't like anyone saying the $250 mosin 91/30 is not a rare item but $90 a pop from a dozen different dealers, or that the CMP can offer excellent M1's at almost half what the store lists. Then again, i hear the stores talk about warranty and sending a gun back to the mfg if there is any issue....its like gunsmiths dont exist any more so you are only safe buying new from the store. Also, I think a lot of people worry it is too much work to file paperwork for a C&R or with the CMP....IMHO that is their loss and our gain.