Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1garand1055 View Post
Hey nam67-69 better watch the CMP Police rats will be rating you out to Orest for putting that Special " I am Lazy and can't wait tax on your CMP Garands. I don't care what you do, but there's cry babies on here that cry when they hear someone made an Honest dollar off of a CMP Rifle they got rid of.
Really? You just had to go there?

Old 12-31-2010, 07:37 PM

I still get a kick out of the pawn shop owner who explained to me that the CMP sold "Reproductions" and not original guns.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:53 PM

At three local shops I've had three different experiences...

Shop number one, when I asked about garands, a friendly employee, in hushed tones told me to check out the CMP. I wondered about the hushed tones. Later when I asked some of the other employees about a range officer signing my firearms activity form for the CMP I got rolled eyes and the "oh gawd, he is one of those guys" look.

Shop number two had never heard of the CMP but thought it looked interesting when I mentioned it.

Shop number three, a shop that carries surplus ammo, recommended checking out the CMP for surplus ammo.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:26 AM

Wow....some people are bad mouthing the CMP....course of action?

"Never argue with an idiot....they well just bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Old 01-01-2011, 02:58 PM

"Never argue with an idiot....they well just bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

LOL love it.....
OH BTW the reason I posted this in the North Store thread was because I live REAL close to the North Store and the shop I was refering to is also real close. I doubt they even realize the CMP has another store or a website for that matter (based on the knowledge they shared with me). Sorry if I offended or wasted anyones time by posting a message and making you read it. I missed the sticky of who I was supposed to ask permission before I posted. Uh oh forgot to ask again...dammit...sorry.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Wish I could find a shop that had a "reproduction" CMP gun on the racks cheap, I'd make sure those crappy reproductions went to a good home . The few CMP rifles in my area are the low rack grades (sloppy, bad wood, shotout barrel) and they want $800+ for them. I guess the fact I'm a little over 2 hours from the North Store is the reason the shops sell the "bad" cmp's for so much money.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:37 PM

My garanditus is telling me there are no "bad ones." Over priced ones for sure but bad....nahhhh I have a place for them all!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:30 PM

I wish I was only 2 hrs away from North store. I'd be there every other month.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Go in there next time with a CMP 40x allegedly for sale, then change your mind and tell them how much you paid for that piece of crap.

My 40X heavy barrel took nothing more than a little cleaning of some old handgrime off the wood. Mint otherwise.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 PM

If I lived close to a CMP store I would be broke buying all their garbage.
Buying at the Western Games once a year is bad enough.