Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would You Like To Have A Discussion Section?
YES 9 20.00%
NO 36 80.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin601 View Post
But, don't you think that arguments should be on a dedicated thread section then changing the subject of the OP
No. Most that look for arguments on the Internet are not allowed to talk at home, their wife doesn't let them so they want to argue with their keyboard. And some can't distinguish the difference between an argument and a discussion. So for what little this poll is worth, you should argue with your wife. It's a little more dangerous and challenging than arguing with your keyboard.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:07 PM

Maybe we should argue about arguing!
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin601 View Post
But, don't you think that arguments should be on a dedicated thread section then changing the subject of the OP
Arguments should be in a dedicated area of a forum. Just not the CMP forum.

Especially things you would not discuss on a date: religion and politics, for example.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:22 PM

I agree with your criteria. I try to size up who I take out before I actually ask her. I've had a couple dates blow up in my ace before. Once I told one what I thought about people laying around collecting relief checks, when they were healthy enough to work. Big mistake!

Charlie
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

Arguing is not calling people names but just disagreeing with what they say and expressing your point of view.

Bring up politics, religion, social matters on a date, is suicide. Only to be used when you want to end the date early.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Darthnip

unfortunately, most of the "disagreeing" eventually results in the name calling and people getting all wound up over nothing. This is a forum, we discuss things, so I guess we already have a discussion forum. There are many sections to discuss many different gun related things, after all, its a gun forum. talks around politics and religion almost always cause arguments or offend someone, so we really try to not allow those. Im sure there are plenty of other forums out there where such things can be discussed freely, but the CMP forum is not one of them. Sure you'll see a comment here and there, and as long as its just an occasional harmless comment we let it go if nobody seems bothered, but rarely is there a full blown political thread that lasts very long. people just dont know how to behave well enough and be civil enough to each other for us to allow that.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Most forums are not managed by an entity whose existence and source of income are totally at the mercy of the whims of Congress. Too many senators and representatives already think that gun owners are a bunch of right-wing drooling Neanderthals. Opening up a forum here where we freely criticize all stupidity emanating from Washington could result in the pulling of the CMP plug out of sheer spite.

Besides, Orest requested we put a lid on political discussions. He is not obligated to offer CMP forums on anything. If we play in his sandbox, we should use his rules.

Don't get me wrong. I am all in favor of bashing incompetence from Washington or from my own beloved state politicians. There are just better places to do it, such as www.illinoiscarry.com .
Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 PM

/I'm missing something here. Did I suggest a section where we can argue, name call, or prove our particular ideas are right-and everyone else is wrong? If that's how it looks to everyone, I'm sorry.

All I'm suggesting is maybe we could discuss other things in a FRIENDLY way. A lot of us collect things in addition to guns. Medals, uniforms, swords, daggers, flags, vintage cars/bikes, and so on. There's also spur of the moment stuff. Like the time I got a speeding ticket going to the NS. I'm not sure where I posted the details, maybe in the Garand section-I don't remember. I do remember that nobody got into race/political issues/police practices, etc.. I'm aware that I could probably find many forums on the internet to complain about speeding tickets too, not just politics, etc.. Last winter, many Members posted about road conditions. I really appreciated it, but I had to search around the different sections a while to find the posts.

Again, I'm not trying to find a backdoor for anyone, to tell whoever, what myself or others think of their politics, religion, their choice of guns they collect, or anything like that. I agree with what Mike T. said about not trying to attract any negative attention from Washington. But I don't see how discussing something like Civil War era muskets or bad weather near the North Store would facilitate that.

Charlie

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie59; 05-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Charlie59;344207
All I'm suggesting is maybe we could discuss other things in a FRIENDLY way. A lot of us collect things in addition to guns. Medals, uniforms, swords, daggers, flags, vintage cars/bikes, and so on. There's also spur of the moment stuff. Like the time I got a speeding ticket going to the NS. I'm not sure where I posted the details, maybe in the Garand section-I don't remember. I do remember that nobody got into race/political issues/police practices, etc.. I'm aware that I could probably find many forums on the internet to complain about speeding tickets too, not just politics, etc.. Last winter, many Members posted about road conditions. I really appreciated it, but I had to search around the different sections a while to find the posts.

Charlie

Charlie[/QUOTE]

Well you didn't say you didn't and in your original post there was mention of "Let's face it-there's a lot of things going on in the Country that may have serious consequences for us, as shooters/collectors, etc.". You left it open to narrow interpretation....
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
Well you didn't say you didn't and in your original post there was mention of "Let's face it-there's a lot of things going on in the Country that may have serious consequences for us, as shooters/collectors, etc.". You left it open to narrow interpretation....
I know, or better yet-I should have known better.
Closed Thread