Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 PM

Default Hello from West Central Florida

Thanks for taking the time to look at my introduction.

I'm a new member, but a long time "wanter" of an M1 Garand. I'm finally joining the club...

I sent in my CMP order form for my first Garand on May 2nd, and still havn't seen any emails saying they'd recieved my package so I'm getting a little nervous. Hopefully everything is fine. Regardless I'm counting the days till it arrives.

Looking forward to my first day at the range. ...Wondering what it will be like to finally shoot one.

I'm hoping one day to compete in an event, but will cross that bridge later.
I've qualified expert at work, I'm hoping my skills will transfer to this rifle.

Time will tell!

Anyway, hope to meet some of you soon at the range.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 AM

rwbradshaw;

Welcome to the Forums Sir. If there are any problems with your paper work, usually one of the very kind ladies will shoot [no pun intended] you an e-mail telling /asking you about the problem. Give it a while longer before you e-mail CS about your order, as there are many, many orders to process. I can understand your nervousness, and possibly a little frustration. This is normal. Believe me, everyone goes through the same cycle. I do believe you've caught the beginning of Garanditis. I warn you now, it only get's worse .

Your going to have a real blast when you let loose with that first round, and then it get's better with each successive round.

There are other members in your part of the country. I'm sure they will be welcoming you as soon as they read you post.

The best of luck to you on your Garand, and in finding the help you need in getting ready to compete.
GCA Member #5701
CMP Customer #110194
Regards.
Stan
Old 05-12-2011, 04:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jaw1947

rwbradshaw;
Welcome to the forum. After some range time with the first you will be wanting a second. Where do you shoot in FL? I go to Polk County Range, 50 yd and Teneroc up to 100 yd ranges.
Regards,
John
Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 AM

Welcome friend,
Hope you get a great M1. Please post the pictures when you get it. Eddie
Old 05-12-2011, 09:03 AM

welcome, I am in the winter garden area and if you need to shoot one to take the edge off while you wait, let me know, you can borrow one of mine.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw1947 View Post
rwbradshaw;
Welcome to the forum. After some range time with the first you will be wanting a second. Where do you shoot in FL? I go to Polk County Range, 50 yd and Teneroc up to 100 yd ranges.
Regards,
John
John

Right now I shoot at a friends house near Croom. He built a nice 80 yd range, with a small berm. It's perfect for us, and nice not to wait on rangemasters.

When I need to stretch out, I go to the range in Bradenton. It's a 1000 yd range, with golf carts provided for the trips to the targets... The gentlemen who run the range are very nice. If you need more info, I'll get you the name and location, right now I just go there with a friend who lives in Bradenton, so I don't know all the details.

I'm in Lecanto, I don't know of any other places to shoot. Having private property to go to has made me lazy in looking though...

I'll post my pics of the rifle when it arrives, and hopefully by then I'll have completed my M1917 project, and I'll post some pics of it as well.

Thanks for all the nice comments.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnutz2 View Post
welcome, I am in the winter garden area and if you need to shoot one to take the edge off while you wait, let me know, you can borrow one of mine.
Gunnutz

Wow, thanks for the offer!

Where do you shoot at?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbradshaw View Post
Gunnutz

Wow, thanks for the offer!

Where do you shoot at?
I don't, thats the problem with breaking your spine, I can walk but shooting is no longer an option. I collect LOL
Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM

Welcome to the forum, I also shoot at the Manatee County Gun Club. I live in Bradenton . I do not spend much time on the big range but do shoot twice a month with my Dad in the 22 rim fire matches. Good luck and maybe see ya at the range sometime.Tom

Croom is a nice place spent many weekends riding dirt bikes in the woods there.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnutz2 View Post
I don't, thats the problem with breaking your spine, I can walk but shooting is no longer an option. I collect LOL
Sorry to hear about your back problems.

But collecting is more than half the fun! The M1917 project I'm working on now was actually found at a pawn shop for $180...It's a WW1 (with stamps), still blued (no ww2 park), no import stamp, so I'm guessing a bring home that was sporterized. I was lucky to find a Rock Island stock on this site... oh, and the bore is fabulous. I'll post pics when it's done.

I used to live in Ocoee, so I know your area well.

Thanks again for the offer, and if my rifle isn't here soon I'm gonna pm you!

Any idea how long it takes to get a rifle from cmp? I sent them my paperwork on 5/2. I hope it's not really 90 days.