Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
You doubletapped the http:// part of the link both times.

fixed linky thingy
What is F/TR?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 11-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
Several of us have built one.

I put mine in a M1903A3 scant stock which had the nose cut off and the barrel channel widened.

The hardest part was getting it headspaced after removing the collar.

Shoots fine - better than I.

"Life is Good!"
yes i remember that one from a few years ago, thats kinda how i got mine, it was an abandon project, got it off gb. he was from the cmp forum, he never completed it. He claimed he had fired it, he even told me what the chamber spec's were, BUT, they werent what he said they were. i had to go to my friend lou from lrb and he allowed me to use his match headspace gauges i found that the chamber was .001 below spec. so i made a shim for it, real easy(NOT) .0015 and it's perfect now, it chambers 7.62X51 and it also chambers .308 with a very , very ever so slight drag, which for me is just fine. he also had the barrel resting on the stock, i fully floated it in the channel, having that much presure on the barrel and the stock i couldnt see how it would shoot that well, but then its a bull barrel and the harmonic wouldnt effect it that much ? dont know i didnt shoot it ever that way. but i did like the s&k smithless scope mount and that work out great.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtorborg View Post
What is F/TR?

Thanks,

Tom
I forget what the F stands for. The name of a Canadian gentleman who originated F-class shooting. Any optic is allowed. I've seen everything from Weaver T-series to $4,000 March scopes.
There are two classes in F-class. Both are fired from the prone position.
F-open. 22lb weight limit, any cartridge smaller than .311 caliber, rifles are shot from a benchrest type front rest with a rear bag. A competitive rifle usually costs at least $3500 and the average is probably north of $5K
F-TR. 18lb weight limit, calibers restricted to 223remington or 308winchester, rifle must be fired from a detachable front bipod, rear bag is allowed, supposed to be the class for folks who don't want to spend the price of a used car for a rifle.
Matches are fired at 300, 600 and 1,000 yards. Targets are reduced versions of the MR and LR. The X ring is one half MOA and the 10 ring is one MOA.
Quite challenging.
My Mann device is not competitive in the F-TR class. There are some things the original builder did that hurt its accuracy potential.
I'm still considering buying another one and starting over.
Here's mine again since none of the links to the old board are working.

Last edited by wesvb; 11-27-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:05 AM

This is my mann project, the receiver from the mann I built into an 03a3 and the barrel from the mann and an extra d&t 03a3 receiver I built into the rifle with scope. I still am going to put a different stock on the mann barreled rifle but used this stock I had just to see it work. It shoots pretty good with usgi ammo but I will not try to reload just for it until it gets properly stocked. Its fun doing this and I have learned stuff along the way. I think its worth doing but there are more practical ways of coming up with an accurate bolt action rifle. Its kinda heavy and toting it around makes me homesick for my old M60.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...m/IMG_0342.jpg
Old 11-27-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
You doubletapped the http:// part of the link both times.
fixed linky thingy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtorborg View Post
What is F/TR?
Have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 AM

wesvb,

Thanks for the explination. I am very familiar with "F Class" shooting, I've just never seen that abbreviation. But I didn't know that there were different classes of F Class. Again thanks for the very good explination.

Regards,

Tom
Old 11-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Riverbottom,
Did you tap the front reciever to create that scope mount, a nice side shot of that area would be appreciated. I was going to creat a two piece bolt together figure 8 looking mount for the front collar, any input would be helpfull.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Default Mann device

Hi, WEVB, that looks like a Richards Microsoft stock on the o3A3 is that what it is? The vent holes kinda give it away. I'm thinking of building one and mounting my Fecker target scope on it. I'm not sure but I wonder if the muzzle break could/may hinder accuracy on any rifle?
If not then I think I may utilize one on mince when and if I get around to it. I have other projects to finish first.
Why was the collar removed? I think I will leave a collar on mine and glass bed to just about an inch in front of the collar and then free float the rest of the barrel.
Mike
Old 06-04-2012, 10:24 AM

It is a Richard's microfit, bench rest version.
Another forum member, wmorrison, originally built the rifle.
I have been tweaking it for two years and still can't get it to shoot under .5moa.
The muzzle brake is actually a flash hider. I didn't put it on.
The entire barrel was turned down to 1.125" and then a feed cone and extractor groove were cut. All of this required setting the barrel back nearly an inch. The barrel is now 20 1/8" long. Looks cool, shoots bad.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Default Mann

I'm also thinking of using a Richards stock, benchrest with the blue tint too it, a SMURF KiLLER. I will leave the barrel as is and no turning it down. It was stepped for a reason. Something about the steps improves the barrel harmonics and accuracy. And I will just load one round at a time, no magazine. I'm going to see if Richards can leave the mag well alone and not cut it out. I just need the 2 mag screw holes and I will pillar bed the action myself. I know some folks use aluminum beeding post's but I will use steel, that way it will be more rigid. And if the collar is set in the same bedding compound it should be a tight fit with little chance of it shaking loose. Should be fun too shoot and accurate.
Mike