Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2020, 09:05 AM

Default K31 Sight Corrector

Just took delivery of a 1943 Swiss K31. When it arrived I noticed it had a height adjuster on the rear sight. Research shows this to be a "Tip Top, System Muller Orthmarsingen sight corrector, officially approved 13 June, 1961". I assume this approval was by the Swiss, either civilian competition or military. Looks neat. My question is, can I legally compete in CMP Vintage Military with this rifle, with this aid installed, or do I need to remove it? I'd love to leave it on, but I did buy the rifle for competing. Pictures can be found online at

https://www.swisswaffen.com/fine-sig...1/wcfjhuyg9h56

Last edited by oscarlovel; 09-22-2020 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Added Web Address for Pictures
Old 09-22-2020, 11:10 AM

The K31 sight correctors were never a Swiss military issue item, so I would say no. However, it would be legal for Swiss ordnance matches, like Obligatorisch or Feldschiessen.

I think it’s still the case that the only modification you can make is to replace the sling swivel with a pre-K31 6 o’clock swivel.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:44 AM

I've removed it and placed it away in a safe and "findable" spot. Lol!
Old 09-25-2020, 04:26 PM
GSM Master Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarlovel View Post
Just took delivery of a 1943 Swiss K31. When it arrived I noticed it had a height adjuster on the rear sight. Research shows this to be a "Tip Top, System Muller Orthmarsingen sight corrector, officially approved 13 June, 1961". I assume this approval was by the Swiss, either civilian competition or military. Looks neat. My question is, can I legally compete in CMP Vintage Military with this rifle, with this aid installed, or do I need to remove it? I'd love to leave it on, but I did buy the rifle for competing. Pictures can be found online at

https://www.swisswaffen.com/fine-sig...1/wcfjhuyg9h56
Not legal for CMP Vintage competition, but it is a terrible problem you have there. Let me know if you'd like to rid yourself of it.

Mike B
Old 09-28-2020, 12:24 PM

very neat, i have a 1944. Is your bolt sleeve a replacement with electro pencil sn?
Old 09-30-2020, 08:27 AM

No, my bolt is the original bolt.