Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuceguy View Post
If you aren't part of the CMP, then why are you answering for the CMP? And in what appears to be an elitist fashion? Those comments are bad for business. As a younger shooter and someone who is trying to spark interest in match shooting to people my age and younger, I want to hear what the CMP has planned from the CMP directly.
You keep bringing up your credentials and your rifles and the type of people that shoot these matches as if you are attempting to discourage change. Only problem is that you assume any younger shooters are blasters and only have AR 15 space guns. I know quite a few people that have spent 5K or more on sniper variant rifles and they want to use them. Maybe I don't care what anyone else has including your palma gun. You don't know what I have. Do I have a sniper clone in .300 Win Mag or .338 Lapua Mag or both?
There is a lot of untapped opportunity and money to made from these so called "blasters."
OK, where did either I or Rootsy state that were were answering for the CMP? This isn't the "Ask CMP" section of the Forum. I feel that anyone is capable of reading the 2018 NM draft document and stating what they like or dislike about the schedule. I'd suggest that Rootsy has a pretty good handle on these matches. His personal participation has been very broad.

If you or your buddies want to shoot your "sniper" rifles in competition, there are already many options. For instance, you can shoot in NRA F class competition. That won't test the shooter in limited target exposure shooting but based on your earlier comments I don't think that's something that you feel is essential for your participation.

I'd certainly like to see the CMP offer a Modern Sniper Rifle Match but that isn't going to happen anytime before 2019 and maybe not then.

I think I've said enough.

Last edited by rickgman; 08-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgman View Post

By the way, Mark Johnson has indicated that the Modern Sniper Rifle Match will not be considered for next year's schedule.
Unless I missed a comment from Mark Johnson in this whole forum, this comment does imply that you have some part of the planning and/or decision making. And you did state again that a match like this won't be considered in 2018.

Hopefully someone from the CMP will respond.