Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stitz View Post
They work better in a 1:8 twist barrel. In a 1:7 twist not so much.

Better get a 1:12 then. *roll eyes*
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara

Last edited by HighpowerRifleBrony; 04-24-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:17 PM

They show promise in my 1/7, they shoot good enough for me to want to play with them. I just haven't been able to do much testing yet
Old 04-25-2019, 09:30 AM

I use mostly Hornady's for my plinking round in my ar's. They shoot just fine. I am not looking for a high accuracy bullet but something that is consistent and cheap to shoot.

I ran across some armscor 55gr FMJs a while back that were cheap. I don't recall the exact price but I want to say 4c a pop. After reading all of the reviews they are pretty poor when compared to the hornady's. Guess they are made in the philippines somewhere.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to milprileb

12 inches at 300 yds is what they'll do for me. Holds the chest of a military E silhouette man size target. Sometimes I just want to shoot E silhouettes but when I want to shoot for scores, I'll go with 62 at 200 and 77 gr at 300, 80grs at 600. When I finish up the 62's , I 'll stay with 77's and 80's unless there is a super sale.

This 55 gr bullet is good enuff for what I need it for. Its really more than I need when I shoot my AR pistol with 10.5 " barrel. Can I hit anything at 300 yds with this pistol and these 55 gr bullets...yup, I can make a E silhouette hurt but that is just a fun exercise to see what could happen. Certainly meaningless as the AR pistol is IMHO a 100 yd or less item and thats okay.