Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2019, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
If that truly is a problem, I would sell it locally and not online, that seems to be where people are getting caught
I sold everything locally, AND online, through Armslist, which bohoohoo, a lot of people complain about. When I was no longer contacted through Armslist, and I really needed the cash, I would check the local pawn shops and gun shops to see who would give me the best price. If their offers were not acceptable to me, I would have resorted to gunbroker, for a wider audience. Luckily, I had good relationships with the local FFLs and I was almost always able to at least break even.

But here is what gets me about your statement. You seem to be indicating it is okay as long as you don't get caught. That means you lack integrity. I don't.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandhunter31 View Post
i agree..... my gut tells me its the optics that look bad from CMP's viewpoint, trying not upset the powers at be in the army....... drives me nuts that people don't understand this...... there are a dozen ways to sell these pistols locally and legally if you have an unexpected hardship......
That is silly. There is no evidence that selling a firearm on Gunbroker leads to illegal sales, which was the whole argument against releasing these guns to the public. There was never a higher sale price based on collectability argument. Last time I checked, gangsters don't normally seek out WW handguns through online sales, and pay more them, for nefarious purposes.