Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw617 View Post
This is my understanding as well.

Last year I fit a new Bula receiver into a new Boyds stock. I had to file the stock liner to ensure that the receiver legs fit in properly. Then I carefully marked the stock and took down the wood between the end of the heal and receiver legs. That's the short story - it took a long time to get everything right. Something else to check would be if the op rod guide or gas cyl are clearing the barrel channel in the fore end. Work slow.
Thanks
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM

Default M1A receivers

Many years ago I had the same problem with SA inc M1A receivers. You can relieve the stock liner and glass bed. I just sold mine and went with FA and LRB receivers. There were other problems with these receivers of that era.

Last edited by Kansasbobcat; 05-17-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:09 AM

I had a similar issue with a GI stock and a M1A. Basically the stock and receiver were too tight in the in the front right side, which prevent the receiver from seating enough where the heel was down in the back.
The solution is to get inletting black, or just a #2 pencil and coat the rails of the receiver from barrel junction back and insert the stock into the receiver. Where the black marks the stock, carefully relieve wood. recoat and do it again until you're satisfied the heel is seating. basically if the black transfers on the whole stock evenly you're good.