How common is it to get an HRA 4.66mil M1? What parts are right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTC29
    • Oct 2009

That is a fine looking rifle. I've been collecting H&Rs for over 30 years and I'd be happy to have that one in my own collection.

Comment

• tkki1230
      • Aug 2013

I have a rather late 4665807 with an Ordnance Wheel Stock and Hart Trigger Group.

Comment

• MLD
        • Dec 2013

Hard to believe the CMP did’t auction that one off! Wanna play the lottery together? Great rifle, congrats!

Comment

• Curly62
          • Mar 2017

Hey, congrats and welcome to the club! I received 466449X as one of two on my first purchase. I believe the rear site assembly, gas cyl assembly and barrel are original. Trigger group is WWII SA parts in a SA 12 housing and a SA op rod. Came in CMP wood. The other rifle is a 3.7 SA in a HRA stock with a HRA op rod and a HRA-N housing with WWII Springfield internals...go figure!! By the way, anybody know which GCA magazine has the early HRA article..? Thanks and congrats again on your fine rifle!

Comment

• Shomway
            • Apr 2012

I believe the Fall 2004 issue has the Scott Duff article about low number/early H&R's.
            The same article can be found in "The Best Of The GCA Journal" book #6.
            http://thegca.org/wp-content/uploads..._Book6_TOC.pdf
            31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
            Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• YahooMarine
              • Oct 2009

Nice rifle. Early Harrington and Richardsons are great to have.

Way back in 2000 I ordered what I think as the limit then, 2 M1s, plus a Danish return order add-on that was allowed with proof participation in a CMP sanctioned match.

What a luck of the draw haul... I received an early H3R (not H&R)
              # 46666XX with an HRA 3-53 barrel.

Also received a Harvester with an LMR barrel.

The Danish has USGI wood and a sight cover stamped with an anchor and rack # showing it was in the Danish navy.

Luck counts.

Rich
              Licensed Professional Engineer, Physics Teacher, Marine Corps Martial Arts Blackbelt and Subject Matter Expert

Comment

• dawgmanvt
                • Sep 2016

Thanks guys for your kind words and helpful responses. Now to start the search for an hra h trigger group...

Comment

• M1-TA
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by dawgmanvt View Post
                  Thanks guys for your kind words and helpful responses. Now to start the search for an hra h trigger group...
                  Email sent on HRA-N trigger group.

M1-TA

Comment

• redneckgunman
                    • Dec 2014

I sold 4,666,464 earlier this year. It was an improperly corrected specimen that contained all HRA Parts. None of the typical WWII SA leftover parts. I hated parting with that rifle, but I had to come up with the funds to buy its replacement(s). I purchased SN 4,665,847 and 4,665,848. Both of these appear completely original with un-cut -9 op rods, Hart trigger groups with SA hammers, SA clip latch, and WRA op rod catches.

Both have the 3/8" DAS stocks. I have read in this thread of people with the ordnance wheel stocks on serial numbers above 4,664,000. From my reading, the ordnance wheel stocks were only used from 4,660,000 thru 4,664,000, with DAS integration at 4,661,000. Is there information elsewhere that I can read to support the use of an ordnance wheel stock beyond 4,664,000? I ask because I have a lonely one sitting in a closet.

Comment

• tkki1230
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by redneckgunman View Post
                      I sold 4,666,464 earlier this year. It was an improperly corrected specimen that contained all HRA Parts. None of the typical WWII SA leftover parts. I hated parting with that rifle, but I had to come up with the funds to buy its replacement(s). I purchased SN 4,665,847 and 4,665,848. Both of these appear completely original with un-cut -9 op rods, Hart trigger groups with SA hammers, SA clip latch, and WRA op rod catches.

Both have the 3/8" DAS stocks. I have read in this thread of people with the ordnance wheel stocks on serial numbers above 4,664,000. From my reading, the ordnance wheel stocks were only used from 4,660,000 thru 4,664,000, with DAS integration at 4,661,000. Is there information elsewhere that I can read to support the use of an ordnance wheel stock beyond 4,664,000? I ask because I have a lonely one sitting in a closet.
                      I have also been trying to find more information regarding the Ordnance Wheel Stocks used on the 4000+ numbers. I PM'd Rick B. about this years ago, and he said that anything was possible and that the OW stock on my 46658** could very much be original.

Comment

• redneckgunman
                        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by tkki1230 View Post
                        I have also been trying to find more information regarding the Ordnance Wheel Stocks used on the 4000+ numbers. I PM'd Rick B. about this years ago, and he said that anything was possible and that the OW stock on my 46658** could very much be original.
                        I do not want to replace the stock on either of my rifles, but have been looking for a suitable serial number to put in the stock I have. I missed out on 4,660,386 two weeks ago, but that is just the way it goes.

Comment

• 3697747 M1D
                          • May 2012

I also need to know more info on the Ord wheel stocks used on the early HRA rifles. I have a stock that I think is SA but only has the wheel on the left without any other letters. Any thoughts? I can try to send a pic to someone if it would help.
                          747 is my 1999 CMP lottery "D"

Comment

• redneckgunman
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by 3697747 M1D View Post
                            I also need to know more info on the Ord wheel stocks used on the early HRA rifles. I have a stock that I think is SA but only has the wheel on the left without any other letters. Any thoughts? I can try to send a pic to someone if it would help.
                            It comes down to the profile if the stock, from what I have learned. IHC, HRA, and SA all at one time used a stock with just an ordnance wheel. HRAs have the large "back porch", IHCs have the slight scallop cut on the right side as well as a "V" notch in the trigger guard pocket and a 4 digit Julian date in the barrel channel. So, if it doesn't match those descriptions, by deduction, it is likely to be SA. But do post pics so that others may be able to weight in their expertise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• 3697747 M1D
                              • May 2012

I'm thinking it is for a JLG to DAS transition period 4.3 SA as it has no porch and circled serif P Don't have any hosting accounts but would email a pic to someone.
                              747 is my 1999 CMP lottery "D"

Comment

• tkki1230
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by 3697747 M1D View Post
                                I had questions on my OW Stock as well, because it has a serif P. This is from a previous post: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=147338

Unfortunately, All of the photos were lost on Photobucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X