Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2019, 11:07 AM

Default Rifle classification via email or forum

With all the rules changes will cmp start giving a on line or email certification on a rifle classification before driving hundred of miles only to get DQd for something other than weight , trigger pull and sights?
For example what stock styles are not acceptable for MM class A.
Also might have missed it but what iron sights are allowed. Does the rear A2 sight have to be a carry handle style.
Im trying to make weight on the AR A2 I have with thevA2,government profile barrel.
I could do this by getting rid of the carry handle and a light weight no standard stock
Old 01-23-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
With all the rules changes will cmp start giving a on line or email certification on a rifle classification before driving hundred of miles only to get DQd for something other than weight , trigger pull and sights?
For example what stock styles are not acceptable for MM class A.
Also might have missed it but what iron sights are allowed. Does the rear A2 sight have to be a carry handle style.
Im trying to make weight on the AR A2 I have with thevA2,government profile barrel.
I could do this by getting rid of the carry handle and a light weight no standard stock
I doubt a forum or email "certification" will fly, but the recent changes do bring many questions. No matter what it will take some time to get things sorted out.
However, CMP has always been pretty good about answering specific questions (when asked offline to the proper party), such as:
Is xxxx make/model rear sight allowed in MM class A?
Is my xxxx rear stock allowed in MM class A?

They probably won't list what stocks are not allowed because the list would be incomplete the day after publishing.
And they have to be careful as an answer isn't absolute; your xxxx rear sight may be legal, and the xxxx stock may be legal, but if the 2 combined put you over the weight limit it's still a nogo.
It's just complicated......
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 01-23-2019, 11:23 PM

Yup and I dont want to drive 500 plus miles to be DQ'd either. Fun stuff
Does not look like I will make it this year again anyway. Maybe for my 50th