Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Default 1911 purchase eligibility requirements

Will there still be a blanket eligibility standard like retired law enforcement credentials for the 1911s?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Default Eligibility Requirements 1911 Purchase

I have a Small Arms Firing School Certificate signed back when CMP required one to purchase a M1 and i also have a pistol permit will one of these be good Thank You
Old 12-12-2017, 04:51 PM

Default Marsmanship activity - age requirement

I've tried to avoid starting yet ANOTHER thread on the CMP 1911s but can't seem to get a definite answer -- to0 buy most CMP firearms, those of us 60 and older are excused from having to complete a "marksmanship activity". Does anyone "authoritative" know if this will be the case for purchase of a CMP M1911 or not?

Obviously, I'd like to know ahead of time in case I do need to complete an activity.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:33 PM

If I were you, I would shoot an e mail to customer service. They can answer it at their leisure and you will not be tying up their telephones.

You should have your answer in plenty of time before the future mail in date.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:41 PM

Yep, a big believer in email vs. the phone. I tried to work it "outside the system" and didn't really get a straight answer. Don't envy the folk at CMP, having to answer all the questions about M1911 sales right now!!
Old 12-12-2017, 07:48 PM

You got more guns than God Rick : )
Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 PM

Picky, picky, picky ... LOL!!

Seriously, I did (sort of) get my question answered - I do have a C&R and the CMP CEO said that a C&R can replace evidence of shooting activity.

Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 12-12-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:09 PM

As proof of participation in a marksmanship activity? Without further details, I would hazard a YES.

I am wondering about the notarized 2A form - can the date of the notarized stamp be earlier than the announcement "to the world" if it is recent (i.e. in 2018) to the announcement? I understand I can't send the paperwork and order in earlier than the announcement, but does a wet notary stamp require a date on (or after) the announcement?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait View Post
I am wondering about the notarized 2A form - can the date of the notarized stamp be earlier than the announcement "to the world" if it is recent (i.e. in 2018) to the announcement? I understand I can't send the paperwork and order in earlier than the announcement, but does a wet notary stamp require a date on (or after) the announcement?
They're producing a new form, so you can't do this one before they release the form anyway.

I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.

2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Old 12-12-2017, 10:07 PM

Thanks for getting this question up on the forum. Maybe an answer can be posted without a bunch of us swamping the CMP folks with repetitive questions.

Standing by.
Closed Thread